Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Njb61
Reel Rookie

Up/faith & family channel

Jump to solution

I recently started using ROKU.  I added the Up/faith & family channel and have a few days left on the free trial.  I got an email today stating that Up was on the ROKU channel and I subscribe to it.  My question is if I deleted UP before the trialends will it stay on the ROKU channel?  I don’t recall seeing that channel on ROKU before I started the trial

TIA for any help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Up/faith & family channel

Jump to solution

@Njb61 

Nobody pays for The Roku Channel. However, you can subscribe to services through The Roku Channel, including UP. However, subscriptions through The Roku Channel are separate subscriptions from any direct to a service.

If you subscribed to UP directly, then you'd watch it through the UP app after you enter the credentials you set up with UP for the subscription. You cannot use that subscription to watch UP through The Roku Channel, as was previously mentioned that is a separate thing.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Njb61 

A separate app subscription/trial is totally separate from any subscription/trial within The Roku Channel.

Keep in mind that if you subscribe through Roku Pay (such as via The Roku Channel) that you can only watch the service on Roku, and only then through The Roku Channel (or a special UP Fail & Family on the Roku Channel app). The Roku Channel subscription is $5/month, while the separate UP TV subscription is $6/month. Subscribing through Roku is cheaper, but limits you to watching only on Roku devices.

Also, UP TV is available as part of Frndly.TV (starting at $6/month) live streaming, but with limited on-demand content, apart from 72-hour lookback. Just to complicate things.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Njb61
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So if I cancel the trial subscription to up/faith & family channel I won’t be able to watch on ROKU channel?  I have 2 days left and I could swear that it wasn’t on the ROKU channel when I started using ROKU the middle of august.  I have a separate box for UP on my listed channels but today I watched thru the ROKU channel.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Njb61 

That depends on how you subscribed. You can subscribe directly to the service, or you can subscribe through Roku.

Those are totally separate, and you could, even by accident, subscribe both ways. Did you subscribe directly to the service? Did you subscribe through Roku?

If you subscribed directly, and cancel that, it won't impact the subscription through The Roku Channel.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Njb61
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I subscribed thru Up and then I got an email saying that the free trial was going to be up in 2 days.  I don’t pay for the ROKU channel.  The only other service I pay for is discovery +

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Njb61 

Nobody pays for The Roku Channel. However, you can subscribe to services through The Roku Channel, including UP. However, subscriptions through The Roku Channel are separate subscriptions from any direct to a service.

If you subscribed to UP directly, then you'd watch it through the UP app after you enter the credentials you set up with UP for the subscription. You cannot use that subscription to watch UP through The Roku Channel, as was previously mentioned that is a separate thing.

DBDukes

Nbiscan

Jump to solution

I subscribed to the UP channel through Roku and can view it only on one of my TVs even though all our TVs are set up with the Roku device.

How can I view UP on all our TVs?

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Nbiscan wrote:

I subscribed to the UP channel through Roku and can view it only on one of my TVs even though all our TVs are set up with the Roku device.

How can I view UP on all our TVs?

If all of the TVs are linked to same account the app should be on all the TVs and you can view UP on all of your TVs.  You will probably have to go to the app and login on each device.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Nbiscan, to add to what @HDMIGuy said, you can check the Roku account each device is linked to by looking under Settings->System->About and verifying they all show the same email address.  More than one person has inadvertently created more than one account.

In addition, when you say you "can view it only on one of my TVs", do you mean the channel/app doesn't show up on the other TVs or it says you're not subscribed when you try to view it on the other TVs?

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Dwoffutt

Jump to solution

I subscribed on the roku device and watch it under roku channel on roku device.  When I log in to roku website from my computer while traveling,  I don't see that I have already subscribed,  it's asking me to resubscribe to uptv.  I don't want to pay for 2 subscriptions since I'm home or away.

0 Kudos