Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoomerBoy
Reel Rookie

Up Faith and Family on the Roku channel not on all devices

I recently signed up for a trial version of Up Faith and Family.  The channel immediately showed up on TV with Roku express as Up Faith and Family on the Roku channel.  Great.

Then I went to our other device, a TCL TV and the channel is not showing.  If I search for a movie on the Roku channel that is part of the Up Faith and Family on the Roku channel package, I can play it on the TCL TV, but I cannot find the channel.  I thought I would add it by searching, but it only shows Up Faith and Family channel (not on Roku Channel) and invites me to subscribe to it.

It seems like there are two versions of this channel:

Up Faith and Family on the Roku channel

Up Faith and Family as a separate channel

I can't see or add the one that I have signed up for IE Up Faith and Family on the Roku channel.

Other channel subscriptions show on both devices, but this only shows on one device.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Up Faith and Family on the Roku channel not on all devices

It's not unusual for something available as a subscription through The Roku Channel to also have a stand-alone channel and a subscription to one won't work on the other.  Confusing, I know.

Check the software version on the TV and the Express displayed under Settings->System->About as well as the version of The Roku Channel on each device - highlight The Roku Channel on the Home Screen and press the * button on the remote and the version of the channel should be displayed.  Maybe the TV hasn't updated to the latest version.  It should check for updates automatically, but you can manually check from Settings->System->System update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
BoomerBoy
Reel Rookie

Express is 10.5.0  Build 4208-51 and it says it is fully updated

TV is 10.5.0 Build 4210-30 and it says it is fully updated

Roku channel on both is V6.0 Build 15

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BoomerBoy

Thanks for the post.

The most likely reason you cannot see the Up Faith and Family channel is that the channel does not support your device.

If you have additional questions regarding device availability, please reach out to the channel provider support for further assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rmdeanElkhart
Reel Rookie

I’m having a similar issue, but in reverse. Have signed up for up faith & family app subscription but the Roku channel wants me to sign up again on there. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rmdeanElkhart,

Thanks for posting in Roku Community!

We understand that you're having sign-up issues and would like to help you with this. Kindly follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Remove The Roku Channel by highlighting it from the channel tile, and pressing the star (*) button. Then select the remove option.
  2. Do a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Add the channel back by searching for it from the "Streaming Store."

After performing these steps, kindly check to see if the issue has been resolved. Please provide us with updates, so we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos