Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WatsonSD
Level 7

Unwanted channels adding themselves to my Roku 3

How do I stop unwanted channels from adding themselves to my Roku 3? Every once in a while a channel I did not ask for suddenly shows up. I remove it, sometimes it comes back again.

Sometimes when I remove it, a channel I do want disappears along with it. Then I have to re-add the channel I want. Then go through the hassle of logging in that channel. It seems the Roku channel appears more often than any other, but it's not the only one. Lately it has been Vevo. When I removed it yesterday, my Prime Video channel vanished. Today Vevo came back again. I'm tired of putting up with this **bleep** & want to know how to stop it. I tried to submit a support ticket but was told I can't. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Unwanted channels adding themselves to my Roku 3

Any channel added/removed from one Roku gets added/removed from all Rokus linked to the same account.  What's the email address that shows under Settings->System->About?  Is it yours?  Did you fall for some scam when you first activated your Roku whereby your Roku could be linked to someone else's account or someone else could be linked to your account?

0 Kudos
WatsonSD
Level 7

Re: Unwanted channels adding themselves to my Roku 3

I worked in IT for 30 yrs. I know how Roku works. I've had several devices for several years. I am an experienced and advanced user. I did NOT fall for some scam. 

While I was watching Roku this evening, 2 new channels suddenly appeared on my device. When I removed them, both Netflix and Prime Video both disappeared with them. I had to re-add both. Netflix, requires that you login using the up-down-left-right arrows which is a MAJOR pain and takes forever. I am so fed up with Roku, I'm about ready to throw 3 of them in the trash and get a competitor instead. They offer no support and won't fix this B.S.

0 Kudos