Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tadphoto

Re: Unwanted Channels being added without permission

Bull**bleep**. You must know this is bull**bleep**. Every time I turn the thing on it’s immediately adding a channel. Sometimes it also launches to a channel I never watch. Roku must admit they are doing this and let the user prevent it. 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

@tadphoto  Try using of the included Roku clock screen savers.  That took care of it for me.

0 Kudos
Staticfax
Reel Rookie

This is happening to me too. Not our old roku smartv but the plug in roku. We upgraded tvs and gave out old one to my son with autism. He needs access to only certain channel apps and not all these dozens of channels no one downloaded. The other person that answered doesn’t know what they are talking about. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Staticfax

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that Roku channels are attached to your Roku account and not the Roku device itself. If a channel is added to a Roku device, it will also be added to all channels that are linked to the same Roku account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Staticfax
Reel Rookie

Hey Danny. I didn’t download these channels on either device. Both are autistic and the other only watches youtube or uses the wii on it. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Staticfax

Thanks for the follow up.

For clarification, are the devices that you are experiencing this issue with connect to a Roku account that has other Roku devices? 

Have you considered using a Roku PIN on your Roku account in order to avoid unwanted channels being added by accident? For more information about adding a PIN to your Roku account, visit our Support page here: Create or update your account PIN

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Staticfax
Reel Rookie

Yes both same account and have a pinn. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Staticfax

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, the two Roku devices that channels are being added to, if those devices are linked to the same Roku account as other Roku devices (not the two in question), whenever a channel is added to another device, the channel will be added to all of the Roku devices linked to that Roku account.

Hope this clarifies the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Staticfax
Reel Rookie

They are both not having the issue. Only one device is. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Staticfax

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device that you are experiencing the channels being added to from Settings>System>About? In addition, what specific channels are being added to this device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos