Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Unsaver

Yesterday a message came up on my tv screen saying upgrade now to continue enjoying unsaver. Apparently screensavers are no longer free and it wants me to click on basic or plus. I don’t want either but I can’t get it off my tv screen so I finally thought well I just click basic and nothing happened. It won’t let me click either box. When I turn my tv off my tv keeps coming on by itself with this message. It’s a big blue message so it wakes me up every time. How can I get rid of it?!

9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Unisaver

Woke up this morning to a sale screen for Unisaver. Never heard it before.

It gives two options ... Upgrade or Upgrade.

It hijacked my tv causing my tvs automatic shut off timer to not work.

My universal remote has a home button. When I got that the ad page went away for a little while but then it came back.

I was able to get rid of it by going into Roku settings and choosing to reset to the default Roku Themepack.

I was also able to click into the Unisaver Themepack and delete it.

Highlighted

Re: Unsaver

Our Roku began doing the same yesterday, and the annoyance continues today.

Make it stop, Roku, or we're ditching your device and subscription services in favor of another system.  This is unacceptable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Also happening to me. It hijacks what I’m watching 🤬 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Did you try changing your screensaver to something else?

Highlighted
Level 7

The same thing is happening here. It started 2 or 3 days ago. Maddening! I can get rid or it by clicking remote on "TV" but then in 5 or 10 minutes, it happens again!! I went to the Unsaver website and it says the charge for Basic is .99 a year or Unsaver plus is $4.99. This feels like ransom. Who do we complain to?! Roku??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Go into your settings, then screen saver apps and remove the unsaver app

Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue here the past couple days and it kept turning my TV back on but I think I have some idea.

1. Roku just pushed an update. You may want to force your system to update now. For me, that might have done the trick.
  2. For those who don't want to pay and get UNSAVER BASIC ($1/yr), or UNSAVER, remove the channel on your roku.
  3. Since I decided to subscribe the UNSAVER BASIC, I went to system settings and switched from UNSAVER to UNSAVER BASIC. (the two have the same icon so you will have to make sure you choose the right one).

After that, UNSAVER shouldn't keep turning your TV back on.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Unsaver Developer's name is Taylor Brenci

Maybe call him and let him know there is a problem with this. His number is (781) 522-3000, he works for Raytheon so I guess you call that number and ask for Taylor Brenci.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The same thing happened to me. I simply went into settings and removed the Unisaver and added the free National Parks screensaver.

0 Kudos