Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkyWithGuns
Level 7

Unofficial and Official Twitch?

I’ve gone through the steps to install the unofficial Twitch app only for it to tell me to install the Official Twitch app upon start. I installed the Official Twitch app only for it to tell me it’s not longer supported and will not be getting updates. I’ve realized at the end of the day; I mostly only watch YouTube and Twitch because streaming apps have somehow become both saturated with content, while also feeling dry. There’s not any real reason to have Netflix, Hulu, Sling, Disney +, Amazon Prime, and Apple TV, when I don’t even feel the desire to use them. Now Roku doesn’t allow Twitch anymore? Is there anyway to get Twitch? If not, I may as well just use a basic console system to provide my content now, and sell this thing off.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SYN80
Level 7

Re: Unofficial and Official Twitch?

This isn't official but it's better than nothing or if you can't mirror from a phone or tablet. Add twoku to your account and when you start the app you can enter your Twitch username (doesn't login) and it will show the streamers you follow.

https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=twoku

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Redmonkey
Level 7

@SYN80 wrote:

This isn't official but it's better than nothing or if you can't mirror from a phone or tablet. Add twoku to your account and when you start the app you can enter your Twitch username (doesn't login) and it will show the streamers you follow.

https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=twoku

I can add the unofficial twitch but when I try to “login” or use my account it sends me to a link that doesn’t work when I type it in. I have to enter a code. Anyone what to do?

0 Kudos
tbdmoouse
Level 7

is anyone else twoku not working cause when i click it is just pushes me back onto the home screen so idk what to do or how to fix it do any of yall know how if u do can you plz let me know

@SkyWithGuns wrote:

I’ve gone through the steps to install the unofficial Twitch app only for it to tell me to install the Official Twitch app upon start. I installed the Official Twitch app only for it to tell me it’s not longer supported and will not be getting updates. I’ve realized at the end of the day; I mostly only watch YouTube and Twitch because streaming apps have somehow become both saturated with content, while also feeling dry. There’s not any real reason to have Netflix, Hulu, Sling, Disney +, Amazon Prime, and Apple TV, when I don’t even feel the desire to use them. Now Roku doesn’t allow Twitch anymore? Is there anyway to get Twitch? If not, I may as well just use a basic console system to provide my content now, and sell this thing off.

0 Kudos