Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Eric92262
Level 7

Underwater Image

I just hooked up my Roku stick and am viewing a show via Spectrum cable. It looks like the people on TV are underwater. They are very blurry.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Underwater Image

We need more details

Also, can you upload some images to dropbox or record a video of what you are seeing?

Thanks.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bcain
Level 7

Re: Underwater Image intermittent

Having the same problem but intermittent. May not get blurry but for about 30 seconds then clears. I have the Roku Sick + and using the Spectrum App. Seems worse in the evenings. Was watching the Clemson/Boston College game last night and it got aggravating at times not being able to see some of the plays.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Underwater Image intermittent

"bcain" wrote:
Having the same problem but intermittent. May not get blurry but for about 30 seconds then clears. I have the Roku Sick + and using the Spectrum App. Seems worse in the evenings. Was watching the Clemson/Boston College game last night and it got aggravating at times not being able to see some of the plays.

Need a lot of info..

Your internet speed, your router type, whether you are in a high traffic area (lots.of wifi in the area?)..
You could be having interference, most likely.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bcain
Level 7

I have Spectrum internet, which they claimed they just increased the speed to 100MPS.  However, when doing a test I only have 20MPS download speed.  I will contact Spectrum to find out the real skinny on my speed.  My router is a Cisco LinkSys 1500 which is 802.11n WiFi.  Do you think a dual band wifi router or a later 802.11 would help?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

How did you test your speed? From an app on the Roku? It's unreliable for actual speed. Use speedtest.net from a computer on your network to get a reliable speed test. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miami_Son
Level 9

Be sure to test both your wired speed and over wifi and test each several times. The symptoms you are describing are almost certainly an internet throughput issue.
0 Kudos