Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric92262
Level 7

Underwater Image

I just hooked up my Roku stick and am viewing a show via Spectrum cable. It looks like the people on TV are underwater. They are very blurry.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Underwater Image

We need more details

Also, can you upload some images to dropbox or record a video of what you are seeing?

Thanks.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
bcain
Level 7

Re: Underwater Image intermittent

Having the same problem but intermittent. May not get blurry but for about 30 seconds then clears. I have the Roku Sick + and using the Spectrum App. Seems worse in the evenings. Was watching the Clemson/Boston College game last night and it got aggravating at times not being able to see some of the plays.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Underwater Image intermittent

"bcain" wrote:
Having the same problem but intermittent. May not get blurry but for about 30 seconds then clears. I have the Roku Sick + and using the Spectrum App. Seems worse in the evenings. Was watching the Clemson/Boston College game last night and it got aggravating at times not being able to see some of the plays.

Need a lot of info..

Your internet speed, your router type, whether you are in a high traffic area (lots.of wifi in the area?)..
You could be having interference, most likely.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
bcain
Level 7

I have Spectrum internet, which they claimed they just increased the speed to 100MPS.  However, when doing a test I only have 20MPS download speed.  I will contact Spectrum to find out the real skinny on my speed.  My router is a Cisco LinkSys 1500 which is 802.11n WiFi.  Do you think a dual band wifi router or a later 802.11 would help?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

How did you test your speed? From an app on the Roku? It's unreliable for actual speed. Use speedtest.net from a computer on your network to get a reliable speed test. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Miami_Son
Level 7

Be sure to test both your wired speed and over wifi and test each several times. The symptoms you are describing are almost certainly an internet throughput issue.
0 Kudos