Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Under what circumstances may Roku remove a channel? EULA question.

Was reading through though the EULA for Roku, to determine under what circumstances Roku may opt to remove a pre-existing channel.   I found the following 

in its sole discretion, ROKU MAY PROVIDE UPDATES TO YOUR PLAYER VIA the internet, including BUG FIXES AND UPDATES, CHANGES IN THE USER INTERFACE OR HOW YOU ACCESS CONTENT, AND OTHER CHANGES THAT MAY add, ALTER or remove functionalities and features. You acknowledge that these updates: (a) may happen automatically in the background at any time (and that they cannot be disabled by You); AND (b) will require an internet CONNECTION and You may incur additional data charges from the provider of the INTERNET CONNECTION. You understand that these updates are necessary to maintain compatibility with other updates to ROKU’S products or services and may be required for security reasons. by using the player, you hereby AGREE to receive such updates.

Given the .... recent flurry of activity, let's just say I've lost some trust and leave it at that.   I guess my question is this - Under what circumstances can, or will Roku remove a pre-existing channel?   I don't pretend to understand the money that changes hands for this, but I'm concerned as a consumer that something that I have today may be taken away.

Thanks-

-Blu

0 Kudos