Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Unable to watch recordings on xfinity stream beta

When trying to watch Saved Recordings on the Xfinity Stream Beta channel since the evening of January 29, 2020, I see the error message: Sorry!  Something went wrong. Please try again later, and on the lower right side of the screen the message: (Error getRecordings.500).   I have been in contact with Xfinity tech support, and was told this is an issue with Roku.    

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Unable to watch recordings on xfinity stream beta

Am also unable to watch recordings on Roku Xfinity stream beta and have been unable to fix the issue or find any topic for resolution.  Have completed system update as well as unplug power source to reset.  Nothing has corrected the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’ve been having this same problem since Jan 29 also. I get error message general500 when I try to access saved programs. I tried an uninstall/reinstall of the Xflnity app, but that didn’t fix it. Not sure how to proceed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I spoke with Xfinity support on Friday January 31, and was told that a service outage in a tower used by Roku in my area was the source of the problem with viewing Recordings on the Xfinity Stream Beta app.  The service outage appears to still be occurring, since I still am unable to view Recordings on Roku Xfinity Stream Beta app.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you for the update. My saved programs are also still unavailable. I plan to call on Monday if it’s still not working. I’m new to Roku and streaming in general, I wasn’t sure who to call to be honest. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I contacted Xfinity support again today.  After proceeding through troubleshooting steps with an Xfinity agent I learned that a service outage is still occurring with the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku.  Their engineers are working to fix the issue, I was told.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the update. I also contacted xfinty and was told the same thing. It’s an issue with the beta app and then I are working on it. No timetable for restoration. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The issue with viewing Saved Recordings on the Xfinity Stream Beta channel on Roku appears to have been resolved.  The error message was gone, and my recordings were back again when I viewed the Xfinity Stream Beta channel on Roku this morning.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

All is well here too. Back up and running a few days ago. It’s a beta app, so they must be tweaking it here and there. The saved programs feature seems improved now though I can’t say exactly how. 

0 Kudos