Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Unable to view FStv on Roku

Recently since this week 5/4/2020 ...unable to view FStv on Roku. Select channel but never launches. Tried check for update step for FStv channel and remove and reinstall but still does not launches.  No error messages or notifications. Any tips.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Unable to view FStv on Roku

I came here to post about the same issue. For me, I have four rokus in the house. The Ultra in the living room, the newest of them all, plays FSTV without issue. The two Premier models do not launch. Within two seconds, I’m back to the channel selection screen. The 4th roku is a very old Roku 2, and this one plays FSTV if I load a fresh version of the channel and launch it, but every morning, I have to delete and re-add the channel. Weird behavior. 

All units are running version 1.7 build 7 which according to the channel store was released on March 24. So why this week it stopped working on at least 1/2 of my rokus?

i hope others chime in ed... there’s strength in numbers.

The Meebster (Larry)

Napa, CA

So how do they get Teflon to stick to the pan?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

@meebzorp wrote:

All units are running version 1.7 build 7 which according to the channel store was released on March 24. So why this week it stopped working on at least 1/2 of my rokus?

I assume this is the version of the FSTV app.  Roku is rolling out an update of its operating system to version 9.3 and several people have reported this being implicated in problems with FSTV.  You can check this on your various units via Settings > System > System update > (right arrow)

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 9

Yes makaiguy, that's the version of the app. I didn't think to look at the version of the OS. D'oh!

Thank you sir! You are indeed absolutely correct. My Premier Rokus are running the 9.3 OS and won't launch FSTV. My Roku Ultra is still running 9.2 and launches FSTV just fine. Of course, as soon as this unit gets automatically upgraded, it will stop working... unplanned obsolescence, sadly.

I've written to FSTV about the problem before I knew it was a Roku OS issue. I'm wondering if Roku contacts those channels who are non-compliant with a new OS, or is it up to the channel to figure this out on their own?

Thanks again for the reply so now I know why it doesn't work on all of my units. Now I'd like to figure out how to help get this fixed. (There's not a heckuva lot of other stuff going on for me these days in isolation anyway. Smiley Frustrated )

Stay safe!

The Meebster

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Roku users went through all sorts of pain affecting various channels when they rolled out 9.2. It took quite a while before they managed to get enough update iterations before things settled down.

There is a "secret menu" method of reverting back to the previous release, but I've luckily never needed to use it so I don't have it handy. From what I've read about it, the problem is it can only be used once and it doesn't prevent your unit from updating back to the problem version the next time it tries.

Hopefully FSTV will now be in contact with Roku to get this sorted out.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 9

Last night, I took the plunge and rolled back my OS to 9.2 from 9.3. Worked like a charm, and even better, I was worried of the auto-update kicking in to bring it back to 9.3, but this didn't happen.

I selected FSTV and it launches perfectly just like it did before the OS update. 

Funny thing is, I tried to show someone else how to do this today who's having the same problem and I totally forgot which secret screen the OS rollback is on. 

Anyway, the codes are here https://bit.ly/3dDTcCs  Use at your own risk!

Thanks,

Meebster

0 Kudos