Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgravey93

Unable to to get to hbo max sign in page

I can't sign in to my HBOMax at all. The app comes up and spins then goes black. I've never even gotten to the sign in screen. I've deleted and reinstalled the app without success. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to to get to hbo max sign in page

@bgravey93 wrote:

... I've deleted and reinstalled the app ...

Make sure you're actually doing it in three steps, not two. And the order is important.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps in that order. 1,2,3. Not 2,1,3 or 1,3,2. Gotta be 1,2,3.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

gloor14
Reel Rookie

Hi, I have the same issue. However, although I followed the three steps for the solution, the problem persists. What else can be done?

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@gloor14  probably an issue with the HBO Max servers.  People are having to wait until they get it fixed.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
gloor14
Reel Rookie

HBO Max works alright within the browser. The issue occurs only within Roku. But why?

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@gloor14 
To be more specific, it appears that certain Roku devices have this issue.  The settings may need double checking.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
gloor14
Reel Rookie

I checked the settings. I have no idea what settings could be wrong. Everything worked fine until I changed the VPN server connecting to my router. Now, no matter what server I choose, Roku won't connect to HBO Max anymore, whilst all the other channels work without problems.

0 Kudos
gloor14
Reel Rookie

I found the solution here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Why-is-the-HBO-Max-app-suddenly-not-working-C.... So, changing the HBO password did the trick.