Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThriftyBK
Level 7

Unable to stay signed in to FilmStruck

Send this message to Filmstruck earlier today:

"I have been a 1 yr subscriber since April. Starting today, I do not stay logged into my account on the ROKU. I already re-signed into the account once this morning, switched to netflix, returned to FilmStruck and was blocked access by another sign-up screen. Please fix."

Their response was to reinstall the channel. I had tried that and system restart. And restarting my internet/wifi. Did this with both ROKUs.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having the problem.

ROKU stick
Model 3800X
#YGOOA7797821

ROKU2
Model 4210X
#4A652G083660
0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Unable to stay signed in to FilmStruck

You may have heard this before, and maybe you did it right. But your description does not indicate so. After you uninstall, you MUST reboot the Roku. Otherwise, the removal was not complete and whatever is causing the problem might remain. After the reboot, then reinstall the channel and log back into it. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
ThriftyBK
Level 7

Dan,
Repeated procedures as per your recommendation. Unfortunately, still requiring me to log in each visit. BK
0 Kudos
ThriftyBK
Level 7

Response from FilmStruck Help Center that corrected my problem:

Our technical team is aware of this issue, and working to resolve this incident as soon as possible. We have however discovered troubleshooting steps that may resolve the error you experienced. Please attempt the following steps below:
Open the FilmStruck app, then log in with your information.
Log out from the FilmStruck settings page.
Log back in.
Then, please exit the app, once more.
After you open the app again, you will not have the login issue.

If you need any assistance with this process, please let me know and I'll follow up with you. If the issue is resolved after troubleshooting please give us a heads up!
0 Kudos
pl3999
Level 7

Same problem started here yesterday. The login-logout-login workaround appears to be effective so far. Thanks.
0 Kudos