Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Unable to sign out of Netflix on Roku

Jump to solution

Netflix is not working on my Visio tv. I use a Roku streaming stick. It’s worked all along, except today. I’m getting “unable to connect to Netflix” message on the screen. There’s no error code. It’s my son’s account. Thought maybe there’s an issue with his account on his end, but I can’t reach him. I created a new account, but I’m unable to sign out of his account. When I get to the “are you sure you want to sign out of Netflix” part and click on “yes”, nothing happens. I’ve unplugged the tv, the roku and restarted everything several times and still nothing happens. Is there some trick to signing out? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Unable to sign out of Netflix on Roku

Jump to solution

@EJK  Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are seeing. Are you using a Roku device connected to the Vizio TV? If so, to get started with troubleshooting, try these steps in order: 

1. Remove the Netflix channel from the Roku Home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, then choosing 'Remove channel'. This should remove the channel and login information. 

2. Immediately restart your Roku device from Settings>System>System restart. 

3. Once the device has restarted, then go to 'Streaming channels' on the righthand side of the Roku Home screen, search for Netflix and add the channel back once more. 

This should then allow you to sign into the channel when you launch it. If that isn't resolving the issue, we'd also recommend contacting Netflix support to report the issue and see if there is any additional troubleshooting they can provide. You can reach them directly here: https://help.netflix.com/en/

Please keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@EJK  Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are seeing. Are you using a Roku device connected to the Vizio TV? If so, to get started with troubleshooting, try these steps in order: 

1. Remove the Netflix channel from the Roku Home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, then choosing 'Remove channel'. This should remove the channel and login information. 

2. Immediately restart your Roku device from Settings>System>System restart. 

3. Once the device has restarted, then go to 'Streaming channels' on the righthand side of the Roku Home screen, search for Netflix and add the channel back once more. 

This should then allow you to sign into the channel when you launch it. If that isn't resolving the issue, we'd also recommend contacting Netflix support to report the issue and see if there is any additional troubleshooting they can provide. You can reach them directly here: https://help.netflix.com/en/

Please keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you so much! It worked!

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@EJK  That's great to hear! Happy Streaming! 

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This didn’t work for me , Netflix still won’t load hp

0 Kudos