Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can’t sign in to Apple TV app

Hi,

Thanks for the update. We appreciate everyone's help and patience regarding this issue.

I have passed along your feedback to the appropriate team to look into. Will provide and update when available.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
citydog
Reel Rookie

It worked for me.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
jlist12
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV channel - Login Failure

I just bought a Roku Express (3930) for my father-in-law and having same sign-in issues. No SD card to take out, have restarted Roku and re-installed Apple TV app multiple times no luck, still getting the signing in screen buffering forever and verification error from my mobile phone...help? 

0 Kudos
briancsweet
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to sign into Apple TV app

I have the same problem on a new TCL 4K TV with Roku built in, from Costco. Uninstalling/resetting the app, signing in on mobile and TV fails.  Mobile sign on attempt produces the Verification Failed message, sign on via TV gets the forever spinning wheel.

I recently also bought a Roku Streaming Stick+ and the Apple TV sign in works fine there.

0 Kudos
darteaga66
Channel Surfer

I just bought my Roku Express yesterday I  had the Amazon firestick and never had an issue with anything like this. I  bought the Roku because every said its amazing. Well I  am a fan of Apple love the shows on the Apple TV app and now I  cant watch them using the Roku. I  have removed the channel added reset my Roku installed the app and I  get the same thing everyone else is having. WTH. this should work!

0 Kudos
usmarine4c

This ever get figured out? I literally just bought this Roku Express For the sole purpose to watch Apple TV.

0 Kudos
darteaga66
Channel Surfer

No , it hasn’t Im going to have to fork over the money and get me a firestick again I had issues with it but nothing like what i am having with the Roku 

0 Kudos
briancsweet
Reel Rookie

Yesterday I plugged my Fire TV stick into my TCL Roku TV to watch an Apple TV show. For fun then I went back into the Apple TV app on the Roku TV and the login process worked! I picked log in with mobile device and it brought up the QR code. Hadn’t worked at all before this...not sure if anything I did made it work or it was a fluke.

0 Kudos
darteaga66
Channel Surfer

Ok I will do that I have a tcl tv and my fire stick I will let you know 

0 Kudos
seanhasarrived
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV channel - Login Failure

I realize tech support is stating this is a APPLE issue but if you are going to carry their App on your product you should really have them fix it. I try logging in with my APPLE ID and it just keeps spinning, Signing In.... My fear is calling Apple Support and they will state its not their device since its a Roku and it wont work.  Apple support is utter garbage that is why I bought a Roku instead of an Apple TV.. 

Maybe Roku as a company should state we are not offering your channel until you fix the problem.. I am keeping my 30 dollar Roku device just because it carries my Cable carriers app which I can use on a tv without having a box otherwise id take this back to my the store where I bought it because basically this is false advertisement. Why say you carry an App if it doesn't work with your devices? 

Please escalate this to your upper management and have it fixed.. The Better Business Bureau and the FCC should look into this if it continues