Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teammm
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to sign into Apple TV app

I guess he ignored the part where I said “calling Apple TV support doesn’t work”. They simply told me to ask Roku about it. And Roku won’t try to fix the issue on our behalf so we’re just unfortunately part of the select Roku users unable to use the app indefinitely. Oh well, nothing we can do about it. 

0 Kudos
kevin15
Reel Rookie

I'm super happy to report that something finally worked for me, maybe it will help some others as well.

After doing my weekly check for an update to Apple TV, I tried signing in again.  Still no luck, authentication error immediately after selecting "sign in on mobile".  Then just for fun I set the Roku to Guest Mode (Settings -> System -> Guest Mode) added the Apple TV channel and sign in worked the first time.  After exiting Guest Mode, I was able to sign in normally.

This has frustrated me for so long, I am so happy to be able to watch Apple TV on my TV finally.  Hope it helps someone else.  I have a TCL 55S403 TV (Roku 7105X).  I'm running software version 9.3.0 build 4194-30, with Apple TV channel version v5.0 build 81.

Vanity79

Okay, so.. I had the same issue. And I feel stupid and like I wasted Apple's time-- the lady was really nice and helpful. Here's a key step for anyone reading:

RESTART YOUR ROKU AFTER REINSTALLING THE APP. I'm not sure why-- she tried to explain it to me, but the gist is this: anytime you're still experiencing the same bug, restart the unit itself, WITH the software installed. Because chances are, it'll regulate or sweep out any malfunctions that were reoccurring with the reinstall.

So what worked for me was, uninstall, restart Roku, reinstall app, RESTART ROKU AGAIN (with app on there). To be safe, yes, let them send their analytics.

After that, it instantly generated the mobile sign-in code/QR code and the rest is history. Success! Hope this helps someone.

0 Kudos
Mrn
Channel Surfer

Neither worked for me 😞

0 Kudos
NewB2RKU
Channel Surfer

I’m having the same problem. I have uninstalled, reinstalled AppleTV, restarted Roku, unplugged Roku, checked for updates for both and still nothing works to login. It used to work until I uninstalled it due to the issue I first reported regarding the video display size. This is very frustrating. I bought the Roku Streaming Stick + about a month ago. Please help!!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mrn
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny. Unfortunately not- I’ve tried every permutation of removing, restarting, reinstalling you can think of plus singing on to different Wi-Fi network and trying in guest mode. I’ve updated to the latest 9.4 Roku os but that’s not made a difference. Also spent ages talking to Apple who insist it’s a Roku issue. Can you help? If my Roku device is faulty can you send me another?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mrn 

Thanks for the update.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mrn
Channel Surfer

Hi

I’ve already sent all this to Roku support on request#3673358 

0 Kudos
john_inbal

Hi. 

I am having the same issue as many others here - can't sign in to apple TV on Roku, even though I have no problem signing into it via other devices. I have tried many permutations of removing and reinstalling the channel, restarting roku and signing into guest mode - nothing works. 

Here are my details:

Device model - 4200X-Roku 3 

serial number: 42658G002974

software version: 9.4.0 build 4190-04 

The problem is with apple TV, version 5.1, build 148

Tracker Id: 74-459-023

Please assist. Thank you