Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strat123

Re: Unable to sign into Apple TV app

Model: Roku7104X

OS info: Roku OS 9.3.0

Version: 5.0.05R101:6.0.0(roku4-5R101)

Media Engine: 1.516.2:0.1.26-

0 Kudos
Nickgabler
Reel Rookie

Still unable to log in:

7105X

55S405

9.3.0 build 4182-30

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Strat123 @Nickgabler 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nickgabler
Reel Rookie

unfortunately it does not clear up the issue on my Roku TV. 

any other solutions?

thank you !

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Nickgabler 

Thanks for the update.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Apple TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Apple TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.apple.com/apple-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mrn
Channel Surfer

I’m also getting this issue - rebooting/reinstalling etc etc had no effect. Have contacted Apple support who can’t help so it’s over to you Roku. Please can you sort this? Model 4200X, software 9.3.0 build 4194-04

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mrn 

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure that you restart your device before adding it back again.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Apple TV directly to report the issue and continue to request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Apple TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

The onus is not on the customer. Roku should not allow a channel that is unable to function properly in the manner in which it is advertised on the Roku platform. It is up to you to seek a resolution and to communicate that to your users.

teammm
Reel Rookie

Deleting Apple TV app rebooting and reinstalling doesn’t work. Resetting network settings doesn’t work. Resetting to factory settings doesn’t work. Calling Apple TV support doesn’t work. My TV is listed as compatible. It worked for 2 years until recently. On the same TV it now fails verification when logging in. On my new TV that’s compatible same thing.

I guess there is no solution. Just say that it’s not fixable. People have had this issue it seems for months, years. Something breaks the connection to Apple’s servers and it can’t be fixed. I guess I have to use my Apple TV then. Very frustrating and inconvenient. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@teammm 

Thanks for the update.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Apple TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Apple TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos