Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
citydog
Reel Rookie

Re: Can’t sign in to Apple TV app

Same issue. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
law038

Re: Apple TV channel - Login Failure

I am having same issue may 18th. I think it depends on ur tv too. I read it works for those who have a LG or a samsung. Even though you're using roku. Insignia it will not work. If anyone found a solution let me know. Its very unprofessional of apple. I'm not a fan anyway

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@law038 wrote:

I am having same issue may 18th. I think it depends on ur tv too. I read it works for those who have a LG or a samsung. Even though you're using roku. Insignia it will not work. If anyone found a solution let me know. Its very unprofessional of apple. I'm not a fan anyway

Roku players have no idea what brand TV they are connected to. I can't see any way for the display brand to cause a login issue. My Ultra 4640 is connected to a Samsung and I'm signed into the Apple TV channel with my iTunes account without a problem. My entire media library is available. I don't subscribe to ATV+, but since that should be tied to the same iTunes account, that shouldn't be an issue.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Davidfstnyc
Channel Surfer

I am having the same issues as those you requested information from, so:

Roku Model and serial number3930X -Roku Express X00400MX6LHP
-OS version and build 9.2.1 build 4090-AE
-Channel version 4.12 build 4

Can you help me please!

0 Kudos
breissner1

I am having same issue on 2 separate Roku Express 3930x devices. When I try to Sign in on Mobile device it immediately errors:  Verification Failed  There was errors signing you in. Wait a moment, then try again. I have  tried every step I can find and still same issue. Called Apple and they tried a few things which were the same steps i have been trying and told me the error is coming back immediately so its not even trying to call out to start a verification. I can us other Netflix and Hulu no issues at all.

So what are my opptions?

Hope_Lou

How do you upgrade to 9.2? I have current software version 9.2.1 and every time I check for an update, it says "all software is up to date." I am in the same boat a lot of others are.  I've done ALL the things.  I've talked to Apple Support and did all of their recommendations.  I intentionally bought Roku to be able to watch Apple TV + .  

😞

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Please try removing the channel, restarting your device and then adding the channel back again.

If the issue is still not resolved, please send me a private message to let me know.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cdalman
Reel Rookie

I did what you suggested: removed the channel, restarted my 3930X Roku Express, and then added the channel back on.  Still cannot sign in.

The software version is 9.2.1.build4090-AE

0 Kudos
Davidfstnyc
Channel Surfer

Yeah, I already tried that. I brought the device back after I bought a Roku Premiere, it was on sale for the same price. I had no problem signing on to AppleTV with that device. It's definitely a bug with the Express.

As for right now I am a happy camper.

0 Kudos
lyndaw
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Please try removing the channel, restarting your device and then adding the channel back again.

Did as you suggested. No joy.

Model: 3930X

S/N: X004003HCCJK
OS version: 9.2.1 • build 4090-AE
Channel version: 3.1 • build 93

0 Kudos