Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
praneshn
Level 7

Unable to search channels

Jump to solution

I recently relocated from United States to India. As recommended, I deactivated earlier account and opened a new one using wi fi from India. 

When I set it up and connected my device, I am not able to search for channels. Also, not able to add Amazon prime and Disney+hotstar from channel store as well.

Performed factory reset as well. Did not resolve the issue.

Kindly advise.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Unable to search channels

Jump to solution

@praneshn 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku Search is available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

For more information about Roku Search, visit our Support page here: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku Search?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@praneshn 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku Search is available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

For more information about Roku Search, visit our Support page here: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku Search?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
busterycopo18
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hola mi roku express es nuevo y no me da la opcion de busqueda de canales. Que puedo hacer?

0 Kudos
Geisson
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku sistem is a trash, search channels is unable for Dom. Rep.

0 Kudos
Geisson
Level 7

Jump to solution

Is not a solution.

0 Kudos
oesibius
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is the most stupid feature (or lack of!) with Roku.

I fully understand that some channels are restricted to specific regions. But frankly, not allowing people to simply SEARCH for channels (from within the list of those available in their region) and forcing us to scroll through thousands of channels when we know what we look for, proves a complete disrespect of users!! Seriously... which engineer at Roku dev team decided that search feature was optional?? Do they ever use any system at all?