Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mchl3377
Level 8

Re: Unable to search channels

Jump to solution

Serial number is: X004008VGJA0

The issue is happening with the Apple phone and website applications as well.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Thanks for providing additional information, @mchl3377.

Upon checking you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels/Search features in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku account? | Official Roku Support Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Otherwise, please reach out to our accounts team directly. They can be contacted at http://support.roku.com/contactus. Choose the option for "Accounts and Billing." This should resolve the error you are seeing.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
lopezeat
Level 7

Jump to solution

ha ha, I'm like you searching among thousands of channels without being able to search by name for the one I want. The Roku developers definitely had their brains burned. Unfortunately, I bought this roku to realize this.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@lopezeat 

Huh. I have no problem searching for apps. On the main menu, I select Streaming Channels > Search Channels.

Or, I go to https://channelstore.roku.com log in and search away.

Is that not something you can do?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Geisson
Level 8

Jump to solution

It is unfortunate, but my problem serves as an experience to others to whom I do not recommend buying it in my country.

0 Kudos
nishant_talekar
Level 7

Jump to solution

I m having the same problem. I m based in India now and after setting the new login I m unable to find search function and unable to find Amazon Prime and Disney + apps. Pls help my user name is 

[personal information]

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hey @nishant_talekar

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that the 'Search' functionality is not available if you are using a Roku device linked to a Roku account created in a region in which we do not directly market or sell Roku devices, including Roku TVs. 

Currently, it is only available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Mexico and the United States for Spanish. 
For more information, you can visit this Support link: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku® Search?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pascual
Level 7

Jump to solution

saludos, yo decidi cambiar al Fire TV de amazon... porque me limita mucho, no me deja buscar, ni descargar aplicaciones, he intentado de todas formas descargar pluto tv en roku express y fue imposible hacerlo... encambio en fire tv de amazon fue muy facil, y hasta me deja descargar e instalar desde apk cualquier aplicacion, hasta telegram movie tengo instalado.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@pascual

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku Community only supports the English language.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
AED
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am in the United States and I’m having the same problem. I cannot search for channels on my Roku TV. I am also unable to load Amazon prime video on my Roku.  Please advise. Thank you.