Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LydiaP
Level 7

Unable to remove a channel

All help articles indicate that there should be a remove channel option when pressing the * button on the remote. The other options are there, but not the remove channel option. I want to delete the HBO Max channel and reload it to see if that resolves the issue with being kicked out. I have checked other channel apps and it isn’t on any of them so it isn’t a subscription issue. I also checked through the streaming channels menu option and it isn’t available there either. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Unable to remove a channel

Hey @LydiaP

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please be advised that if you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

Moreover, make sure to restart your Roku device before adding HBO Max back in to ensure the process is successful.

Let us know if you need more help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MBY
Level 7

My new Roku Streambar is driving me up the wall.

I added the OANN channel, paid the subscription, and the channel successfully installed. When I open the channel all I get is a prompt saying my subscription expired and gives me the option to resubscribe. If I follow the prompt to resubscribe it says it was successful but when I open the channel I get the same prompt again. Rinse and repeat.

I’m also unable to remove the channel even though I made sure the subscription is cancelled before doing so. I just get a spinning wheel and after a few seconds it says it was unable to remove the channel and to try again later. I’ve tried every possible suggestion in the FAQ and on the forum, including doing a factory reset (twice). The OANN channel gets installed after the factory reset but the same issues occur.

What in the world do I need to do to remove this channel so I can reinstall it? Help!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Do you have another Roku device linked to the same account?  If so, you could try removing it on that device.  If not, try connecting your Streambar to your phone's hotspot, if possible, in case it's some kind Internet issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MBY
Level 7

I only have the Roku Streambar. BTW I installed the Roku app and tried to delete the OANN channel from there but I get an error saying “The Roku service is temporarily unavailable”. I’m able to delete other channels through the app though so it seems like a backend issue with the OANN channel or my account. This is beyond frustrating. I can neither view the channel nor remove it. 

0 Kudos