Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LadyTrinity
Level 7

Unable to play contents in Paramount Plus

Not sure this is the same issue, but . . . .  On Monday of last week (9/21), I signed up for Paramount Plus through my Roku device, and was able to watch two shows on it that same night. The next day (Tues. 9/22), I could still go into the Paramount Plus channel selection menu, but when I tried to actually stream a show, I received an error message no matter what I tried to stream. I contacted Paramount Plus tech support, but they were not able to resolve it, so to avoid further hassles, I simply canceled it today, which was the last day of my free 7 day trial.

Now, seeing this, I'm wondering if it wasn't a Paramount Plus issue at all, but rather a Roku issue. Should I try adding again now, or wait awhile until this is looked into more thoroughly? Are you going to notify customers when it's completely resolved? As of today (Monday 9/27) it still hasn't been resolved, at least not on my device.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Lyrlen
Level 9

Re: Unable to play contents in Paramount Plus

I have the same issue but for me it started 9/27-28. Contacted Paramount. But no luck.  wondered  if anyone got a solution they could share.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@LadyTrinity, I want to make you aware of something that has bitten people in the past.  You've used up your free trial, so if you try to take advantage of it again through Roku (even a year from now if it comes up as an offer) you will be automatically subscribed and charged.  I'd suggest adding a PIN to your account at https://my.roku.com/account/pin so that you're not hit with an unexpected charge.

I'd also suggest going directly to the source:  https://www.paramountplus.com/

You can set up an account with them and they have a free trial that you can use with their channel:
https://channelstore.roku.com/details/32b338eebb16d1de34870b6b1d674911/cbs-all-access

The advantage of subscribing directly with the provider is that you can use the subscription on devices other than Roku.  It also pretty much takes Roku out of the support confusion.  If there's a problem it's up to Paramount to figure out what's wrong.

I haven't used Paramount+, so I'm not sure how its activation works, but channels generally ask you to Sign In or Subscribe when you first launch them.  You'd want to sign in with your Paramount account and you may have to go as far as removing the channel and adding it again ensuring you restart your Roku between removing it and adding it to clear out any old data before you start using your Paramount account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rtriana13
Level 7

I have been paying for Paramount+ for over a year.  Last week, (9/27 or so?) I was unable to open anything on Paramount+ or CBS (which I also pay for?!).  I have done every suggested action, and still (10/1) nothing.  PLEASE tell me there's something that can be done to fix this!!!!

0 Kudos