Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gellis47
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime Music App no longer launches on 02_01_2020 on Roku Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

I talked to a different representative. They said that amazon music channel has been having issues and they are working on it. Another representative told they made a new 2020 agreement we have to pay to use it. 

0 Kudos
RocketRaccoon
Level 7

Re: Amazon Music not working anymore on Roke Express +

Jump to solution

Same issue for Roku Streaming Stick+

0 Kudos
Geezersaysso
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime Music App no longer launches on 02_01_2020 on Roku Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

I hesitate to believe you received good information with regards to some new negotiated cost/fee for having the Prime Music App on Roku. That seems a bit extreme and fiscally insane for either company. But who knows. I just read an article about how some content providers have dropped support for older smart TV's and streaming devices, and some of the devices were barely 4-years into their product cycle. Also not a smart move IMHO. Indeed the times they may be a-changin'... but I'll wait to get some official word from Amazon or Roku about this issue. In the meantime the clock is ticking and the meter running.  I'm paying for a service and I intend to get my money back if they default.

0 Kudos
manderson81
Level 7

Jump to solution

I did the Roku online support which already told me everything I've already done and referred me to Amazon. Called Amazon and they verified Amazon Music is active on my account and referred me to Roku again. So currently on the phone with them, waiting as the wait time continually goes up. The number Amazon gave me was for Roku. I'll try and update IF this gets resolved. 

0 Kudos
manderson81
Level 7

Jump to solution

Update:

It is a Roku problem and said the issue should be fixed in 1-2 days. There is nothing you can do to fix it until their people do. This should save everyone over 1 hour of phone time. 

0 Kudos
Gellis47
Level 7

Jump to solution

I contacted support by phone yesterday in regards to amazon and two people told me something different about paying more money. But in the support chat, they said otherwise. My roku TV is only a few months old, so I believe it’s just that specific channel is down at the moment. 

0 Kudos
CaptainC
Level 7

Jump to solution

The only info I received is from you all in the community, since I just experienced this problem late yesterday.  It's good to see that there are some smart folks out there who are willing to take on the apparently "greedy" providers.  I'm not a tecchie, so I'll have to rely on you tecchies out there in white hats to take on the dark forces.  My Roku stick is brand new, and everything works on it except for Amazon Prime Music.  Amazon Prime Videos work just fine.  Doesn't say much for their smarts - I guess greed trumps intelligence here.  They'd get a lot more of an insurrection if they had done this with the Video application instead of the music.  Maybe that's why they are messing with the Audio.  Testing the response? Go figure!!!

0 Kudos
mariner133
Level 8

Jump to solution
hey: How lame are you people get into a chat with any Amazon tech and they will tell you it's on their end ! They told me this a day ago... Wise up 1
0 Kudos
FlowerLady20
Level 8

Jump to solution

Amazon Music App is working again. I typed in the code and everything happened the way it should. 

Rbe
Level 7

Jump to solution

Monday morning, Feb 3, still not working after getting "success" from amazon.com/ code when entering new code

0 Kudos