Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Unable to exit from the Prime Video App and having to continuously login

My roku express will no longer exit the prime video app.  The only way I can get out is to hit the roku home key. Also, it will not stay continuously signed in to the app.  The issue with exiting the application started on the evening of July 9, 2020

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Unable to exit from the Prime Video App and having to continuously login

It's the same thing here.  Pressing the Back button pops up an "Exit the application" dialog but the OK button does nothing.  I NORMALLY use the home button to exit so I hadn't noticed.  Haven't had to log in, though.   I did notice some minor changes a day or two ago so must have gotten a new version.

This is on my Roku Stick Plus, model 3810 - everyone's asleep so can't check other units right now.  This one has Ver 11.4, build 2020060412 of the Prime app (check by highlighting the Prime item in the channel grid and pressing the * key), which it says is up to date.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Unable to exit from the Prime Video App and having to continuously login

Amazon is rolling out their new (slightly modified less efficient overall) Prime UI, as well as Profile support (and platform app updates to enable both, including a Roku Prime app update just over 2 weeks ago) - this (along with RokuOS 9.3 changes) is the source of the re/activation (and other) issues. 

Considering this, don't be surprised to see another app update next Tuesday or Thursday (when most Roku apps update).

0 Kudos