Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Florecita
Channel Surfer

Re: Adicionar y configurar Disney Plus para Roku Express Venezuela

Jump to solution

Aquí en Venezuela hay bastantes usuarios del Canal Disney. El cual por supuesto se paga por el servicio. Que lástima que estos dispositivos a la larga dan problemas. Hace meses, es más, ya más de una año que están configurando el canal por regiones. Por favor esperamos soluciones, alguna alternativa  Gracias. 

Davey1

Jump to solution

Hi, thanks but your reply is totally useless, I have months with the service, and Disney Plus availability includes South America, so isn't a channel provider issue, this issue concerns to Roku, I'm using my own credit card to get the Disney Plus service, so please fix this issue and list the channel, Roku is the only platform denying the access. Great. 

Christhian9307
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, that reply doesn't do the work, Disney Plus service is  for all Latin America countries is not fair that you come with that BS of "no available in your region"

If I pay the same amount of money for your product as the guy who bought it in Mexico, then why he has Disney Plus on your platform and we don't? Stop making dumb excuses and fix that please!

0 Kudos
luisrod
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Karina:

Disney Plus IS available from Venezuela. I do have an annual subscription and am able to see the channel using either the app or via a web browser.

Until a few days ago we were able to see the channel in our Roku device using a work around which, unfortunately, does not seem to function anymore.

So please be aware that:

1. The channel really is available from Venezuela. To suggest otherwise is somewhat insulting to those of us who have paid for our Disney Plus subscription.
  2. It's a Roku problem. As stated before, Disney Plus works. In fact, Disney's support is telling us that their channel is available thru Roku.

It would be nice to have a solution to this issue.

Thanks beforehand,

Luis

0 Kudos
Giorgiotv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem in Dominican Republic, the app stopped working couple days ago on my Roku Premiere device only, still can watch it on my computer and cel phone.. i believe is a Roku issue, instead of a Disney+ app's for the region..

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @luisrod

Thanks for the post.

Regions like the US and UK where Roku directly sells products and services offer an official channel store for available channels/services in those respective regions, based on availability determined by each channel/service provider themselves.

Other locations in which Roku does not officially sell products are unsupported regions; therefore, do not offer the same options for adding channels/services (e.g. Venezuela).

Since Disney+ did not enable the download of their channel on a Roku device in an unsupported region, we would recommend using the direct Disney+ app which normally can be downloaded on mobile devices. In that way, you'll be able to maximize the subscription that you signed up for through them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Keka_262
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Is this answer a joke? I buy the Roku thinking that i will be able to install Disney + since the logo is on the remote control. Make no more excuses and fix the problem.

I am outraged.

Walesks to Uruguay

Guatlex

Jump to solution
Hello good afternoon, the one who eliminated or suspended the use of the Disney + channel on Roku devices was not Disney +
the proof is that from any device other than Roku it works perfectly
what do we do
we discard the roku device ?????
0 Kudos
luisrod
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ok., I just got in touch with Disney+'s support. They told me that they *hope* to have a compatible app for the LA region in about two weeks.

The whole situation is a mess, and it has making me regret going the Roku way instead of buying Amazon's Fire stick device. Their product just seems to work, regardless of region or who buy it.

Giorgiotv
Reel Rookie

Re: AAdicionar y configurar Disney Plus para Roku Express Venezuela

Jump to solution

Hi there i hope in two weeks time we end up with a solution here. Same here i switched to Roku since my last Amazon fire stick stop working after using it for several years and had no trouble watching Disney+ at all, and i wanted to try the Roku Premiere, seeing the Disney Logo on the remote i figured i had no issues to watch Disney+, but sadly is not happening.. If you any updates about how to make it work i really appreciate it.. Thanks.

0 Kudos