Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveGee
Reel Rookie

Unable to delete Channel on YouTube

So I have a few channels under my Youtube profile. I no longer use them and want to delete them. 

Here is the problem. Even Google Youtube help states to go to menu, select account, and hit delete account button. Well, that button does not exist on any of my channels. It lets me select that channel, so it says I am using youtube as whatever I select. Just unable to delete a channel. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to delete Channel on YouTube

Go to your subscriptions, click on one of the videos of the channel you want to delete, press up on the cursor, click on the avatar you will see "go to channel" and "subscribed", click subscribed to change it to subscribe. Exit youtube, re-enter it shouldn't be there any longer. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Google does not provide all the functionality of YouTube on Roku as it does on the web. So if you want to remove a subscription you can do it using the YouTube TV app on your phone or online

demsd
Roku Guru

@Ello2022 wrote:

So if you want to remove a subscription you can do it using the YouTube TV app on your phone or online

Some channels are hard to remove. I have had trouble deleting channels that are "topics." The YouTube [not YouTube TV] app was the only way to get rid of them.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
SteveGee
Reel Rookie

I should clarify something. I am not talking about subscriptions. I started multiple channels, under different accounts. I want to delete the specific YouTube channel, but not the entire Google account.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@SteveGee  Then go online or on your phone and do it 

0 Kudos