Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Unable to add new channel

I am trying to add a new channel but it keeps asking for the PIN. Even though I enter correct PIN but it says invalid PIN. I then updated the PIN to "No PIN Required" but still the same issue. How to fix this issue. #AddNewChannel 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Unable to add new channel

@pnsh 

Thanks for the note.

What channel are you trying to add to your Roku device? Have you tried resetting you PIN to see if that resolves your issue?

For more information about your PIN, visit our Support page here: How do I create or update the PIN for my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes I have updated the PIN over web many times but the updated PIN never works on TV when adding a channel.

I am trying to add a new channel called Hotstar (I have bought subscription of hotstar recently and I am able watch it on my laptop) but cannot add it to Roku so that I can watch it on my TV.

There might be a possibility that the roku account on my TV is different from the account on my laptop (but this possibility is very less) so if there is any way I can verify if both accounts are same.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@pnsh 

Thanks for the update.

Have you tried adding the channel through the Roku Channel Store online?

For more information about how to add a channel, visit our Support page here: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I tried to follow the steps and tried to add this channel "Hotstar" from Roku Channel Store by visiting channelstore.roku.com but it gives the following error:

-----------------

Sorry,

Oops. It seems there are no players linked to your Roku account. Need a Roku player?

-----------------

Which means the roku device that is hooked on to my TV and my roku account that I am accessing on my laptop are not in synch. Looks like these two may be two different account but I am not sure which account I am using on my TV. So how do I know which account is on my TV roku device.

I remember purchasing a new roku device with new remote 2-3 years back but incidentally my old remote still works with this new device (actually both remotes work).

I am not able to figure out how to resolve this issue. Please help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@pnsh 

Thanks for the post.

If you want to see what email address you are currently using on your Roku device, you can see the information through Settings > System > About.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos