Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob2021
Level 7

Unable to access Netflix Profile Screen on Roku

Hello, my mother in law has been using Roku SE device for a long time now.  Whenever she launched the Netflix app it took here to the profile screen where she chose her profile.  Her internet connection she was using was from her phone hotspot.  However, today she just got Frontier internet and her Roku is now connected to the Frontier router via wifi. 

When we launch Netflix it goes straight to the "family profile" movies/shows menu and there is absolutely nowhere I could find to go back to the profile screen to change users.  I've verified the SW is up-to-date.  I've deleted and re-installed Netflix, but it still does not work.  I have no idea why this would start doing this after she switch from phone hotspot to Frontier for internet connection.  After deleting/re-installing the app I logged into the Netflix account and again it just goes straight to the "family profile" show listings.  Also, tried a power reset on Roku and it didn't help either.

Has anyone seen anything similar or have any suggestions how to get Netflix to access the profile menu?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to access Netflix Profile Screen on Roku

"Family Profiles" are currently NetFlix test functionality.

Try turning off test participation:   https://www.netflix.com/DoNotTest

Then re-install NetFlix correctly:

1) Remove NF app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the NF app

(Otherwise, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos