Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnW1
Level 7

Unable to access Hulu + Live TV

I have two Roku Express 3700 devices.  Neither can access Hulu+Live TV although they did until recently.  The Hulu home screen no longer shows the live option.  I have the latest software versions for both Hulu and my Roku device and have confirmed with Hulu that the problem is not with them.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to access Hulu + Live TV

@JohnW1 wrote:

I have two Roku Express 3700 devices.  Neither can access Hulu+Live TV although they did until recently.  The Hulu home screen no longer shows the live option.  I have the latest software versions for both Hulu and my Roku device and have confirmed with Hulu that the problem is not with them.

The word "latest" isn't helpful. Not all devices update at the same time. The latest version for your device may be a previous version for someone. Always specify which version you have. You may indeed have the most recent that will update for your device at the time, but it may not be the latest release until it's made available for you particular device. You may not expect that things work that way, but they do.

And, having said all that, you may indeed have the latest. But always specify the exact version and avoid relative terms such as "latest."

So, what version do you have?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @JohnW1

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If it is inconvenient to reach the power cord to unplug your Roku device, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again

If the issue persists, after attempting the suggestions above, other channels play fine – contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves.

You can reach out to them here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnW1
Level 7

Ver. 10.0.0, Build 4195-28.  I am also experiencing the same problem with a Roku 3920x, ver. 10.0.0.

0 Kudos
JohnW1
Level 7

Thank you.  I removed Hulu, disconnected the Roku and reinstalled Hulu.  No change.  I get the same error message when I try to access a live TV channel--that Hulu + Live TV is not included in my subscription.  It is included and works fine on my Fire Stick.  I spent a couple of hours on chat with Hulu support and they say there is no problem on their end.

BTW, my Roku 3920x, ver. 10.0.0,  has the same problem as my 3700x.  
0 Kudos