Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ptrm610
Level 7

Unable to access FOX News

Jump to solution

I am trying to access FOX News. When I follow instructions teh screen tells me to go to a device (phone, etc) and connect. When I do that I am instructed to search for my cable provider. I do not have cable television, only internet. However, I select ATT Uverse and get an error message then. Any advice please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Unable to access FOX News

Jump to solution

@Ptrm610 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that FOX News may be an authenticated channel that will require a TV or cable subscription to access. Without a TV or cable subscription, you will not be able to access the content available on that channel.

For more information about authenticated channels, visit our Support page here: Will I have to pay for channels?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Ptrm610 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that FOX News may be an authenticated channel that will require a TV or cable subscription to access. Without a TV or cable subscription, you will not be able to access the content available on that channel.

For more information about authenticated channels, visit our Support page here: Will I have to pay for channels?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Ptrm610
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny!

I'm new to ROKU and learning the ins and outs.

Appreciate your help!

Paul

tarheel
Level 8

Jump to solution

But why do I have to do it every time I log in?  I travel with my Roku, and no other Roku channel makes me re-log in every time I open the app.  This is such a pain in the rear.  You can't tell me that they can't save my verification data and authorize opening the app without spending 10 minutes getting up to get my cell phone, find my glasses, punch in all the BS... god almighty.  CNN, Sky News, ESPN none of these make the viewer jump the hoops Fox News does.  Fox Nation does not do this!!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't build the apps, just like Apple doesn't build the Apple TV apps and Amazon doesn't build the Fire TV apps. You'll need to contact the app developer, Fox News, about issues with their app.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ericolsen195
Level 7

Jump to solution

Can anybody answer the question about how Roku users can access Fox News?  Too many weird obscure references on this thread.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @ericolsen195

Thanks for the post.

Fox News on Roku requires a TV provider login for full access. Once you have the channel downloaded, proceed with logging in your credentials.

To know more information and better insight on how the channel works on our platform, we would recommend reaching out to Fox News support for help.

You can contact them here: http://www.foxnews.com/help

I hope this helps. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos