Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Unable to Unfollow Shows

Jump to solution

@BartZLederman  Deadliest Catch is on Discovery. Download the Discovery channel onto your Roku and watch it. No need to use my list. I’ve been using Roku for 10 year. Never use that feature. I know what I want to watch and how to watch it. It’s also on Hulu and the Roku channel 

0 Kudos
BartZLederman
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Dear Streamer317:

Did you read the title of this topic before replying?

Did you read the content of my post before replying?

Your reply is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I want to do.

I never searched for "Deadliest Catch".  I don't want to watch it. I never wanted to watch it. I never did anything I can think of to add it to "My Feed": someone in Roku added it for me and now I can't get rid of it.

All of the other posts in this topic are about people who want to REMOVE a program from "My Feed".

I recommend that you read the titles of the posts, and the contents, more carefully in the future before posting a reply.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
BartZLederman
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This is difficult to believe, but now my problem is WORSE than before.

I tried the suggested "fix" of search for the channel, follow, then unfollow.

Before, I had "Deadliest Catch: Dungeon Cove" in My Feed. This is the program that was added by Roku without my knowledge or consent.  This is the program that I tried Following then Unfollowing, and it would not go away.

Do I did a search for "Deadliest Catch", and that was added to My Feed.

Now I have "Deadliest Catch" added to My Feed and THERE IS NO UNFOLLOW OPTION FOR IT!!!!!.  And I still have "Deadliest Catch: Dungeon Cove" in My Feed and I can't get rid of it, either.

So now I have two programs I never wanted in "My Feed" and there is no way to get rid of either of them.

Please, please, please someone tell me how to get rid of one or both of these unwanted entries in "My Feed".

Or: does anyone in the forum live near Roku headquarters and can go over there and beat on someone until we get this fixed?

Doesn't ANYONE within Roku care about this problem?

0 Kudos
BartZLederman
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I did finally manage to contact someone in Roku and open a ticket.  It took almost a week, with screen shots and even a video, to convince them that there really was a problem.

Since then I've called them at least 6 times, and every few days I receive an E-Mail saying "We haven't heard from you for 3 days, so we're going to assume there is nothing wrong and close the ticket", and I have to return an E-mail or call them to keep the ticket open.

I've been assured that someone is working on this, but so far, I haven't seen any progress at all.

0 Kudos
sbcglobal
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. An obscure, one-season TV series appeared and has stayed in "My Feed", a series that I've never even heard of and certainly never "Followed" - and I can't get rid of it, no matter what I do (and I've tried ALL the suggestions in this forum).

BUT I finally figured out why this TV series appeared there in the first place! It's because quite a while ago I did a Roku search and chose to "follow" a particular actor, and this odd TV series includes that actor in only a minor role. (However, many other TV series and movies in which this actor has MAJOR roles have never appeared in "My Feed"! Totally nuts!) I no longer want to "follow" this actor, but now there is NO WAY to "unfollow" actors anymore! So I'm still stuck with this unwanted TV series in "My Feed" - forever, I guess.

Does anyone know if a system reset would solve the problem? I'm hesitating trying that as it would involve restoring so many settings in my Roku. Roku team, why are you not helping us with this obviously pervasive problem?

0 Kudos
BartZLederman
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It's somewhat helpful to know I'm not the only one.

However, in my case, it's certain that I did not follow any of the actors in any of the series that are showing up in "My Feed".  And even if it was, I should still be able to unfollow a program or series.

This has been going on for more than 6 months now, and Roku still hasn't lifted a finger to fix it. I've been having an ongoing conversation with them through telephone calls and E-mails, and they keep asking the same things over and over again, and they keep saying they will send the issue to support: but nothing has been done.  It should only take them a minute or two to go into their database and delete the spurious entries, but they won't even do that.

I am now convinced that Roku has some sort of internal policy that says "never fix a customer reported problem".   They don't even say if anyone has looked at the problem; they only say that they will issue a ticket, not that anyone will ever work on it.

As for a system reset, I've been told to try that and have done so in the past, and it didn't help at all.

Misscrf
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So they definitely revamped the search. I can search for the show that was stuck on my feed and I can still follow it, but you're right. There is no way to follow or unfollow an actor. I would open a ticket with them. They 1/2 removed an issue and they need to clean up your account.

sbcglobal
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I appreciate the commiseration and encouragement.

I have just gone through Roku's labyrinthine support menus and finally arrived at a webpage that asks for my serial number before I can be linked to any support contact. So I carefully type it in...

Then another webpage pops up to flatly inform me in large print: "We're sorry...The 3710RW (which is the model I have) is not eligible for agent support" - with a taunting link to the list of their products which do quality for this "agent support".  Arbitrarily, they offer agent support for 3600's and 3800's, but for none of their 3700 models.

I cannot find an e-mail or a phone number anywhere on the Roku website to even attempt to open a ticket.

This is the worst customer service of any product I have ever owned.

0 Kudos