Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LA_FadeAway
Level 7

Unable to Log In to Spectrum App

We are unable to log in to the Spectrum App on our Roku TV and a Roku device on another tv. They were working fine until yesterday and now both want a password and they are not recognizing our credentials. I've logged on to our Spectrum account on my PC using the same credentials with no issues. What is the solution?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to Log In to Spectrum App

This isn't really a Roku issue.  You should contact Spectrum.

I would say remove and reinstall the channel, but don't do that or you will lose the channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
LA_FadeAway
Level 7

Yes, that's why I'm asking here because I know we cannot delete the channel. I am wondering if others are having the same issue or if this is something related to the rift between Spectrum and Roku. We are not having trouble logging in to Spectrum anywhere except the Roku app so it seems Roku specific to me.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @LA_FadeAway,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For more information about that channel's account authentication functionality, It's best to reach out directly to get the channel going on your Roku. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel login. Please be noted that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication and many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach Spectrum TV support here: 
https://www.spectrum.net/support/category/tv/ 

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
rubio351
Level 7

Same thing happened to me today. Calling Spectrum now...on hold. What a pain! I get logged out of apps frequently but when your password doesn't work anymore, something else is wrong.

@LA_FadeAway wrote:

We are unable to log in to the Spectrum App on our Roku TV and a Roku device on another tv. They were working fine until yesterday and now both want a password and they are not recognizing our credentials. I've logged on to our Spectrum account on my PC using the same credentials with no issues. What is the solution?

0 Kudos