Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to Access ABC channel

Although ABC shows as an available channel on Roku, when I attempted to register to activate at ABC, ROKU was not listed as a viable provider.  No access. Will this be remedied soon?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Unable to Access ABC channel

Monday, April 6, 7:00pm. 
     ABC has been in the live listings until today. I turned to watch Jeopardy and the channel is missing. What happened?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ProfitPartners 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku is not a provider for the ABC channel. When activating the ABC channel, it is most likely requesting your TV or cable provider to grant you access to that channel.

For more information about authenticating channels, visit our Support page here: Will I have to pay for channels?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Now I'm really confused. WHOM should I tell ABC is my supplier, if not Roku?

My internet service. ATT? I don't use ATT movie features, just internet.

Thanx

R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ProfitPartners 

Thanks for the inquiry.

When activating the ABC channel, you will need a TV or cable provider to grant you access to that channel. Without a TV or cable provider subscription, you will not have the ability to access certain content available on the ABC channel.

For more information, we recommend reaching our to ABC support here: https://support.abc.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos