Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irok
Level 8

Ubuweb (ubu.com) channel

Jump to solution

Is there a way to view this content with Roku? Plex has disappointingly discontinued support for its ubuweb plugin (and all plugins, evidently).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ubuweb (ubu.com) channel

Jump to solution

I did a search of the Roku channel store on their web site, and nothing came up for ubuweb. Roku does not create channels for their devices (other than The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player), so you would need to contact UBU and suggest they create one. 

Note that if you're not located in the US, the Roku channel store will show channels that are available for you that we don't see in the US. So you should go to www.roku.com and look under "What to watch" and select Channel Store. If you don't see it there, it's not available via the channel store. Now some providers create private channels that can be added to your account using a code, but those will not appear in the channel store and Roku makes no guarantee that they will work or remain working in the future. You would have to search the web for private channels to find the install code. Again, someone has to build it first. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
atc98092

Jump to solution

I did a search of the Roku channel store on their web site, and nothing came up for ubuweb. Roku does not create channels for their devices (other than The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player), so you would need to contact UBU and suggest they create one. 

Note that if you're not located in the US, the Roku channel store will show channels that are available for you that we don't see in the US. So you should go to www.roku.com and look under "What to watch" and select Channel Store. If you don't see it there, it's not available via the channel store. Now some providers create private channels that can be added to your account using a code, but those will not appear in the channel store and Roku makes no guarantee that they will work or remain working in the future. You would have to search the web for private channels to find the install code. Again, someone has to build it first. 

Dan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
irok
Level 8

Jump to solution

The response is a windy, overworded "no" at best. Totally not helpful.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

And if I had just said "no" you would have complained about any lack of detail. It boils down to exactly what I said. Roku themselves do not create channels for 3rd parties. You need to contact the provider and ask them to support Roku.

Dan

0 Kudos
irok
Level 8

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

And if I had just said "no" you would have complained about any lack of detail. It boils down to exactly what I said. Roku themselves do not create channels for 3rd parties. You need to contact the provider and ask them to support Roku.

A qualified "no" would have been more succinct. Thanks for the info regardless.

0 Kudos