Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michellesweetie
Level 7

USA channel only has narration of each program. Unable to turn off. Help please.

How do i turn off narration.  I followed all instructions and it dies not work.   Roku tv, spectrum cable 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: USA channel only has narration of each program. Unable to turn off. Help please.

@Michellesweetie

Thanks for the post.

If this is only happen on a specific channel, it's possible that there is an issue that the channel provider may need look further into. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: USA channel only has narration of each program. Unable to turn off. Help please.

By narration, which to you mean?

Audio description of Roku menus and items selected.  This is what Roku terms its Audio Guide.  At some point you probably hit the * key four times in a short period of time. This is a shortcut that toggles the "Audio Guide" feature on and off, so four quick presses of the * key should turn the Audio Guide feature back off.

To deactivate the four-* trigger shortcut altogether use menu path, Settings > Accessibility > Shortcut (in the Audio Guide section) > Disabled

Audio description of what is taking place in the program you are watching.  This is an alternate soundtrack for the program you are watching, which describes the action for the visually impaired.   How you manage this depends on the channel you are watching and how the programmers chose to configure its controls.  Unforunately, on USA I'm currently getting the same "Cloudpath error" that others are reporting so I can't look up how to do it on that channel.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
desertroosje721
Level 7

I have tried everything to disable the narator on my new Roku premiere device and NOTHING works! Please help

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@desertroosje721

Thanks for the post.

Is the issue happening on a specific channel or does it happen regardless of the channel that you are watching?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos