Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stbartslady
Level 8

US Open golf

Apparently NBC has blacked out the US Open on their roku app.  Not sure why. Roku support has no clue. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: US Open golf

Roku support has no clue because they have nothing to do with how NBC's channel/app works.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

NBC want you to be watching via the NBC broadcast affiliate station in your area to protect the stations advertising revenue.

This is typical for most sports broadcasts.  The contracts for carrying sports via streaming typically black out games/events that are available via local television - either by local over the air network affiliates, or on regional cable sports channels.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
stbartslady
Level 8

That's the problem.  It is blacked out on my local NBC station.  I had to sign on via the NBC app to see it.  This happened yesterday and today.  It did eventually come back on my local station later.  I'm wondering if they blocked it.

0 Kudos