Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

UKTV play won’t play, states that roku express device requires software update but software updated

Jump to solution

After installing new roku express UKTV play won’t play & advises that the roku express requires a system update, roku express advises that software is up to date, I’ve done a system update 3 times to try to resolve this issue but UKTV play still states system update required, all other apps work as they should 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: UKTV play won’t play, states that roku express device requires software update but software upda

Jump to solution

Found solution now, I purchased 2 of the roku express, installed one yesterday & had the problem with it not playing UKTV play, installed the other one today & watched carefully during installation to see if I could see a problem, noticed that although during the set up I could see the apps being installed, when it came to installing the UKTV app the rotating timer & percentage downloaded counter didn’t activate & jumped straight to the next app download, then sure enough UKTV play didn’t play, solution was I deleted the UKTV play app & installed UKTV play app from the streaming list, problem solved, did the same on the first roku I installed yesterday & everything now working fine, don’t know if problem was with the app or the roku unit, however, all good now & thanks for your help/support. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: UKTV play won’t play, states that roku express device requires software update but software upda

Jump to solution

Model number of the express? It may be too old, and so never will work with it. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi, thanks for your response, don’t have the model number to hand but only purchased item 2 days ago from reputable supplier & installed it today so would be surprised if it’s already an old model, I’ll check model number anyway when I can 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

An old express model would 3700. Newer are 3900 & 3930. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply, Model number is 3930, think the next thing I should try is deleting the app then reinstalling it, support from roku on this is non existent which is disappointing, all they do is point you to their FAQ’s, which like most FAQ’s are a series of questions they already have an answer for & usually don’t address the full range of issues that may arise, no direct phone or chat line support offered. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Found solution now, I purchased 2 of the roku express, installed one yesterday & had the problem with it not playing UKTV play, installed the other one today & watched carefully during installation to see if I could see a problem, noticed that although during the set up I could see the apps being installed, when it came to installing the UKTV app the rotating timer & percentage downloaded counter didn’t activate & jumped straight to the next app download, then sure enough UKTV play didn’t play, solution was I deleted the UKTV play app & installed UKTV play app from the streaming list, problem solved, did the same on the first roku I installed yesterday & everything now working fine, don’t know if problem was with the app or the roku unit, however, all good now & thanks for your help/support. 

View solution in original post