Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

UK channels greyed out in Guernsey

Jump to solution

Just got a new Express but turned it on and set up but I can't add any UK channels. In Guernsey but we are UK and put UK as address when setting up account. Help please. Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: UK channels greyed out

Jump to solution

@pjamesguern 

Thanks for the inquiry.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account in a location outside the UK. If a UK region channel isn't available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue, then create a new Roku account in the correct region. We'd also recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly for more help and information regarding the availability of their service on the Roku platform in your area. They can also assist with any login or troubleshooting questions that you may have.

In general, locations such as Guernsey , Jersey are not technically a part of the UK, and are formally a member of other political entities, such as the Bailiwick of Guernsey. This technical distinction may relate to the way that content providers, licensing of content, etc. view that location, and may impact service availability due to this.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: UK channels greyed out

Jump to solution

@pjamesguern 

Thanks for the inquiry.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account in a location outside the UK. If a UK region channel isn't available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue, then create a new Roku account in the correct region. We'd also recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly for more help and information regarding the availability of their service on the Roku platform in your area. They can also assist with any login or troubleshooting questions that you may have.

In general, locations such as Guernsey , Jersey are not technically a part of the UK, and are formally a member of other political entities, such as the Bailiwick of Guernsey. This technical distinction may relate to the way that content providers, licensing of content, etc. view that location, and may impact service availability due to this.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Problems accessing UK content

Jump to solution

I Live in Jersey, (Channel islands, but part of the UK).  I have setup my account and chosen UK but im struggling to add Prime (it errors saying not available in your region).  It also will not let me add More4 ITV Player and others.  It also seems the voice function on the microphone will not work.

Netflix / Youtube work fine.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Problems accessing UK content

Jump to solution

@jarvando Thanks for reaching out. Please see more information in the solution posted in this topic. You'll need to contact those specific channel providers directly for more information about how they classify and provide access to their services on the Roku platform in your specific location. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, Does that also explain why the remote Microphone service is not working? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@jarvando  Yes. At this time, that functionality is only fully supported in the US, and offers some support in the UK and Canada. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/360010940514-what-do-i-need-to-use-voice-commands-with-my-roku-stre...

We're always looking to expand our offerings and appreciate you sharing the interest.

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos