Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2pints
Level 7

(UK) UKTV play now on Roku

UKTV play is now available on Roku, with content from the following channels:
 Dave
 Yesterday
 UKTV Really
UKTV Drama

https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2018/02 ... -and-roku/
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndyCalling
Level 7

Re: (UK) UKTV play now on Roku

Way Hay! I've been waiting for this. Now all they need to have the full compliment of 'essential' channels is BT Sport which I hear is now out of legal wranglings and should be free to move on to new platforms. Not that I'm particularly interested in buying a sub to that channel, but it would be very popular and would certainly sell many Rokus.

...Well, all they need apart from 50Hz support at 1080p (as well as at 4K) of course. Bit of a blunder to forget that before releasing in European countries like the UK.

...And certainly they need to kick ITV in the jewels until they promise to fix the sync issues with their terrible Roku channel app. It really is a shameful app compared to all the rest of the big broadcasters and is very clunky to use UI-wise even when it is working (you have to think back quite a way to remember of those few moments). They're forever breaking the sync and then take an age to remember to fix it. Yes, a quick rewind-and-play flick solves it, but after every ad break it gets boring fast and really puts me off watching ITV.

Still, this is a massive win for Roku. The last of the big 'free' UK services (read ad or licence supported services) has now arrived on Roku. That's huge.
0 Kudos
2pints
Level 7

Re: (UK) UKTV play now on Roku

One solution to the ITV player problem is to install the STV player (Scottish ITV) same content as ITV player, better layout. Just enter a Scottish postcode when first using it
0 Kudos