Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steviegump

UK Entertainment. Trying to resubscribe

Jump to solution

Won't let me resubscribe for some reason it unsubscribed me

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shangergrl64
Reel Rookie

Re: UK Entertainment. Trying to resubscribe

Jump to solution

You have to subscribe to UK Leisure Channel - it is in place of the UK Entertainment. For anyone that is having the same issue. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
JerryCl

UK TV channel has stopped?

Jump to solution

I have lost my UK TV channel feed and no longer see it in the channel options. Has it been discontinued?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: UK TV channel has stopped?

Jump to solution

I'm not familiar with it, but if it was something that wasn't in the Channel Store and you added it by entering a code on the Roku website then it was a private/uncertified channel.  Roku did away with all of those on the 23rd.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Steviegump

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's availability or membership policy, you'll want to contact UK Entertainment's customer support team to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

We appreciate your undertsanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: UK TV channel has stopped?

Jump to solution

UKTV play is a proper certified channel, linked to the OTA freeview/freesat broadcaster offering a few channels like UKTV history.  For a while they had two different channel apps with same graphics and content on Roku, but I think the old one is now gone.

Something a little funny with Roku in the UK at the moment, also some reports about other "mainline" certified channel apps disappearing, e.g. All4.

@renojim you can find out about main UK OTA channels by searching the following: freeview UK EPG, freesat UK EPG, freesat from sky UK EPG, sky UK EPG, and Virgin cable EPG (there are a couple of smaller cable co's such as Hull Kingston, Wight, but the above is comprehensive). Website ukfree.TV also helpful.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
Shangergrl64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. Did you figure it out?

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Contact the channels developer as previously mentioned 

0 Kudos
Shangergrl64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You have to subscribe to UK Leisure Channel - it is in place of the UK Entertainment. For anyone that is having the same issue. 

lsgtiger
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so very much!  I just subscribed to the UK Leisure Channel and it is the same as the one I loved, which was the UK Entertainment Channel. I spent time with the various Roku support chats and no one could help me.   Thanks again, you made my day!

lsgtiger
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The UK Entertainment channel is now called UK Leisure.  I also couldn't get the UK Entertainment channel for a few days until I realized the name of the channel changed.  I subscribed to UK Leisure and it is the same as before.  Happy Camper!

0 Kudos