Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elmer_Fudd_Gant
Level 9

Re: UFC app won't launch

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  I’m about fed up with Roku.  They have a penchant for ... 

A.  Responding, posting without actually reading the issue or responses.  Yes... talking to you Mary.  Recommending something people have already tried and they checking out is not... I repeat NOT good support.  It is... in fact... the opposite of good support.  I would be less annoyed if you acknowledged the issue but did not .... yet .... have an answer than offering solutions that have been tried and failed.  It’s tone deaf.  Makes it look like a scripted response.

B.  Deflecting issues off on someone else.  The platform is the Roku platform.  The UFC worked previously on this platform and the app version has not changed over the period from when it worked to when it stopped working.  The only thing that has changed over that period is the Roku software.  This means that, more than likely, the root cause is a Roku changed.  Possibly a change that would have you asking app providers to adapt to... but still a Roku change.  At least own it and provide a path to correction... especially when the app in question is a chargeable one.  

Elmer_Fudd_Gant
Level 9

Jump to solution

Why is this marked as solved when it most definitely is not solved?  We are nearing 3 months out on this issue.

Sweetgrannyd
Level 7

Jump to solution

My grandson fights MMA and recently went pro so from here on his fights are no longer on YouTube. I’ll be at most of them but subscribed to UFC Fight-pass so so I can watch them back like I used to on YouTube. Since both of my TVs are Roku looks like that’s not gonna happen! What a letdown! Not gonna run out and buy new ones that actually work with it so I’ll unsubscribe after this month. Grrrrr

@Elmer_Fudd_Gant wrote:

Why is this marked as solved when it most definitely is not solved?  We are nearing 3 months out on this issue.

0 Kudos
Here_with_issue
Level 8

Jump to solution

UPDATE: I just did the new ROKU update and then tried all the recommended steps and still cannot use the UFC app.

JLYoutzy
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the exact same issue as everyone else. I contacted UFC support and they told me to uninstall the app, factory reset my Roku and then reinstall. Did all that and it’s the same issue. Now I have to find my logins for all my other apps. 

THIS IS AN ISSUE WITH THE ROKU PLATFORM AND A BUG WITH THE UFC APP! Get this fixed or I’m replacing my Roku and no longer buying your products!

Here_with_issue
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hello,

I just did the new update on my ROKU. I retried all recommended solutions and still cannot use the UFC app. I have contacted ufc support and they said they are working with ROKU to fix the issue. I see in the forum it’s been going on for some people for 3 months already. Is there an ETA for a fix?

Model: 4670X - ROKU Ultra
Software: 10.0.0 build 4185-46
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue with the channel, we would recommend reaching out to the channel provider for further assistance regarding that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact UFC support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach UFC support here: https://www.ufc.com/faq

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
77jakes
Level 8

Jump to solution

Response is appreciated and I will definitely reach out to the UFC (again) but are there really no other details you have? For instance, is it only happening on some Roku's but not on others? (I have a Roku premier).  Has the UFC contacted you at all or are they giving you as few details as they're giving us? 

0 Kudos
davisjones
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yesterday for the first time the UFC acknowledged to me that it was an issue with a subset of Roku users and that I should watch UFC on my computer. Not what I wanted to hear. I have a Roku Ultra and noticed a few other posts from people who also have Ultra's.  Thats all I know.  From what I can see on this thread it has been an issue since February 4th if not longer. What kills me about this is Roku is blaming UFC and UFC is blaming Roku and its been at least three months for some people and the problem has not been resolved. This shouldn't be rocket science. I can watch a gazillion other channels on my Roku with the exception of the one I want to watch. Thanks Davis 

Nath3s
Level 7

Jump to solution

Estou passando pelo menos problema há semanas, porém meu caso é o canal Disney+ não funcionar. Já tentei desistalar e instalar novamente, como recomendado, atualizar, reiniciar e nada resolve. Esse bug da Roku afeta vários canais e nada é feito para se resolver. 

0 Kudos