Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
77jakes
Level 8

Re: UFC app won't launch

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Just out of curiosity, are all of you also paying for UFC on an annual basis? I just had my auto payment for the year go through. On my laptop I had to input my password and such again. Assumed I'd have to do it on the Roku too but...as you all saw...three seconds of title screen then back to the Roku menu. 

Swvegeta
Level 8

Jump to solution

Mines monthly but I think it's a known issue now, the UFC support replied to me..

Our engineers are currently working with Roku to resolve your reported issue effecting a subset of users on Roku. For the time being we suggest accessing on any of our other supported devices until this is resolved.

If you need further assistance please let us know.

Dean
UFC Support

Bhomer61
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue, although, when I go into the app Options, the option to remove the app isn't there.  So, not only do I have an app I can't launch but I can't even remove it 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Bhomer61,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If you are unable to remove the channel by pressing *, we suggest checking if the channel has an active subscription, and whether that subscription is billed to your Roku account. You may manage the subscription at my.roku.com.
We would also recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding how to remove the channel: How do I update or remove the payment method for my Roku ...

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
77jakes
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding. I have removed the channel and rebooted my Roku all according to the instructions laid out and it still doesn't launch after reinstalling the channel. Far as billing, it's all on my credit card. I'm not sure what you mean by "billed through Roku". Could you elaborate?  Also, the big thing, still no one on this forum has posted "here's how I solved this problem". Does Roku know of anyone who's fixed this for themselves?  Thanks again for responding, I'm sure a lot of your job is putting out numerous little fires so it's appreciated. 

RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @77jakes,

Thanks for the follow-up question. 

Roku billed means you make purchases directly from your Roku streaming device and that you are able to manage or cancel your subscriptions in one place, directly from your Roku streaming player or Roku TV, or by accessing your Roku account online by login to my.roku.com.

Please be noted that subscriptions purchased directly from a service provider or otherwise purchased outside the Channel Store or The Roku Channel will not appear on the Subscriptions page.

In addition, if removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach UFC support here: https://www.ufc.com/faq

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Bhomer61
Level 7

Jump to solution

You might want to mention, if you pay for the UFC App subscription, through Roku, you will  have to cancel the subscription in order to delete it.

Regardless, I did this and it did not work.  

I also did a System Restart, on the roku, then reinstalled the app and it still didn't work.  I have contacted UFC Support at support@ufc.tv.  I'm waiting to here back from them.

Here_with_issue
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am also having the issue of the app opening and then returning to Home Screen. I tried ROKU recommend solution with no luck. Seems to be a lot of he said she said going on instead of hears how we are going to fix this. Hopefully this gets resolved by ROKU and UFC sooner than later.

ccb133
Level 7

Jump to solution

thanks for everyone posting, i started getting this same issue yesterday and none of the troubleshooting tips worked the odd thing is for some of you this has been going on awhile but for me it really has only been two days. Got to wonder why it is randomly happening like that

Here_with_issue
Level 8

Jump to solution

I reached out to ROKU and UFC support. ROKU told me talk to UFC. UFC support offered the below after the recommended fixes did not work.

Thank you for contacting UFC support.

We do apologize for this issue with our app, and the Roku line. We are currently working on this known issue, and hope to have this solved very soon. In the meantime, we can only recommend another support method to watch with.

In addition to the website on your desktop computer or laptop, UFC Fight Pass can be streamed through the UFC app on Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android Mobile and Tablet, Chromecast, iPhone and iPad, LG Smart TVs, ROKU, select Samsung Smart TVs, select Sony TVs with integrated Android TV and Xbox One devices.

There are no apps developed for other devices at this time. Please check the website for updates and news on what new devices will be added for support in the future.

If you need further assistance please let us know.

Kyle
UFC Support

0 Kudos