Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Twitch

I'm gonna need Roku to put Twitch back on the channel guide & STAY!! All it does now it go in & immediately close out. This is absolutely ridiculous! I just upgraded from a really old version this past Xmas & I'd hate to have to get a Firestick now just to watch Twitch on my TV. I don't know what "term/policy" they have violated but it isn't nearly as bad as some of the channels I have to block from my teenager that Roku has available. Ruko, listen to your customers & add the channel back before you loose people. Ty!

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Twitch

You listening Roku?  I myself am about to give up on you altogether and submit myself to the Bezos god.  I've resisted out of a rapidly diminishing nostalgic devotion to Roku devices, but I guess life will be easier just giving in.  If I must, I might even smile at the future news of Roku filing for bankruptcy protection.

Highlighted
Level 16

Twitch is no longer supported on Roku.

Bezos owns it now so go figure why.

Truth is they have a web site and its beyond me why Gamers

wouldnt want to use the power of a computer. Rather than

a RISC/ ARM based device to play games.

Ever heard of Nvidia?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

It's beyond me why you think the issue is "playing games."  The issue is watching Twitch streams in a convenient way on the Roku.  Sure, if you have Chromecast you can cast the Twitch stream, but that's a nuisance and also not something I want to do if I'm gaming simultaneously.  As for Roku's screen mirroring option, it stinks in every way possible.  If one really likes Twitch, why bother with the Roku device any longer?  

Hey, if you're such an avid caster from your computer, why do you have a Roku device at all?  Or do you not have one and just enjoy puttering around forums for devices you don't own?

Highlighted
Level 7

Make a deal with Twitch already

No one cares who's fault it is,

I'm done with buying Rokus when you can't watch something as simple as Twitch. It's been a fight for a year at this point. Forget this platform . You can find Android boxes online that can run every app on Google play at the same price point as every Roku box , I'm done with this **bleep** .

Highlighted
Level 7

I use Twitch exclusively to watch regular shows that are streamed there. I know Bezos is trying to control the market and force people to use Amazon--but I'm never going to use Fire. 

I wish that we could get an app for Roku. I'd even pay a couple bucks a month to subscribe. 

Highlighted
Level 7

My guess is it's mostly Amazon's fault.  I'm sure they will let Roku have the channel but probably want a lot of money.  It would be great to hear something from the Roku team themselves about what the issue actually is.  That would at least allow the Roku community to stop guessing and know the actual facts.