I'm in the same boat. It stopped working for me a couple of days ago. I left it on the loading screen for a while and it suddenly loaded (although my channel feed was wonky). I tried it again tonight and so far no luck. It's stuck on the loading screen.
I have the exact same issue. Unfortunately TTV app stutters with all streams. Many users have reported the issues to the dev in the TTVStream Discord. Hopefully he can fix it soon. The legacy Twitch app was supposed to be shut down in September 2019 but didnt. I fear it may be the end now. I had to switch to my FireStick until or unless the legacy app or TTV app are fixed and usable.
What I did to make it work for now until it's fixed. I don't know when this is the issue will be fixed.
1) Make sure you disconnect the connection to Roku on your computer in the Connections Setting on Twitch.
2) Have your phone have Twitch notifications for when the streamers you follow go live.
3) Load Twitch on your Roku TV (the Twitch app on your Roku TV should be working now)
4) Hit the star button on your Roku remote, and search for the streamer you want to watch, and then you should be able to watch from there.
Yep same here...
Sucks that I need to purchase a Chromecast for every Roku TV I have. They continue to be the bottom feeder option on cheap tv's, and that is for a reason. So tired of Roku's games.
* If you click START on the app, go to uninstall / remove. After it removes it leaves you on the screen to install it again. Install it and it will let you log in again.
Roku updates and service leave a LOT to be desired. They are very out of touch with today's streamers needs.
I'd rather Roku fix the problem than use a 3rd party app. Guess I won't be watching twitch thru Roku until it gets fixed
It’s not a Roku problem. Twitch is killing old APIs and have abandoned their roku app, so it’s going to break eventually.
I wanted to come back in and say the dev for the TTV roku app is really amazing. He is helping users and constantly working on tweaking the app. The stuttering issue is still being looked at but has cleared up for me. It's a great alternative to the legacy Twitch app if anyone wants to check it out.
Mine not working either. I uninstalled it and i re-installed it worked for like 1 minute then when u go back to home screen and launch the app it gets stuck in loading screen again. So R.I.P. roku. I will be switching to a platform that has twitch (Amazon fire stick). Goodbye!