Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TheJadeMoon
Level 8

Re: Twitch channel not working anymore?

Inconvenient, albeit a functional fix. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Disavowed
Level 8

Twitch is owned by Amazon and ads won't display in Roku, they tried.... so they finally cut the stream I'm guessing. That 3rd Party TTV app is nothing more than an advertising gimic. Either Roku is going to have to come to terms with Amazon or I'm dumping my new Roku's for Fire Sticks. Maybe that is what Amazon wants us to do.

Highlighted
Bacon
Level 11

@Disavowed wrote:

Twitch is owned by Amazon and ads won't display in Roku, they tried.... so they finally cut the stream I'm guessing. That 3rd Party TTV app is nothing more than an advertising gimic. Either Roku is going to have to come to terms with Amazon or I'm dumping my new Roku's for Fire Sticks. Maybe that is what Amazon wants us to do.

lol what do you mean “gimic”?

You could always buy an Apple TV or android tv device. They have official Twitch apps too. 

Highlighted
boogernose
Level 12

Ive got Breaking News for all you gamers.

Theyve invented things called Computers that handle this stuff much much better.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Disavowed
Level 8

When I called up TTV all I saw was advertisers... if I'm wrong than I'm wrong... doesn't matter Twitch just loaded up this afternoon, so it's up, then down... maybe they are working on it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TheJadeMoon
Level 8

The app is private. You have to go here to get it https://ttvstream.com/

Highlighted
Askeptic
Level 7

Thank you! The app is working great. 

Highlighted
Natehillx86
Level 7

Mine stopped working as well. I noticed a pattern though. If none of my followed or subscribed streamers are live, then it works and I can browse and watch random streams. However as soon as one of my followed streamers starts a stream, I can't start the app.

It's really a shame we have such a hard time watching Twitch on Rokus. I feel like it's because they (Twitch) want people to gravitate towards platforms that support interaction like chat, and more importantly monetary contribution.

Highlighted
TheJadeMoon
Level 8

They are driving everyone to Amazon products because Amazon owns them. It's a whole monopoly unfortunately. 

boogernose
Level 12

Monopoly's abound n the Tech world. And the Government does nothing.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---