Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MayorMcFrumples
Level 8

Twitch channel dead? Try Airplay

It's safe to say that the Twitch channel is dead and not coming back any time soon. Here are two alternatives I've been using to get around that:

- If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can load Twitch on them and use Airplay to beam it directly to your Roku TV. This is the method I've been using and it's been pretty great so far! I have an old iPhone that I keep next to the TV that I use as my official Twitch Airplay stream machine so I don't drain the battery on my primary phone. If anyone knows of an Android verison of this, please share!

- Alternatively, there are third party apps that allow you to stream to your TV. Web Video Caster is one such example, and I used it prior to going strictly Airplay. (WVC is a bit buggy and you have to deal with ads, as well, unless you pay. Just a heads up.)

Godspeed.

0 Kudos