Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Tv provider

Jump to solution

Tv provider in apps that are subcribed in my cable tv. Like bet mtv apps. I have a 43" JVC Roku tv. My tv provider is xfinity/comcast. I couldn't find the tv provider in the apps. What should I do? Please help me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 21

Re: Tv provider

Jump to solution

I just looked at MTV and BET in the channel store, and they both state you must use a TV provider to log in. Comcast certainly qualifies as such a provider. How you log into them I have no idea, as I don't have any TV provider and have never tried using either of those channels. But there has to be something within the channel to permit you to log in with your Comcast credentials. I suggest you contact those providers (MTV and BET) and ask them how their channel works. Roku did not create those channels, so can't offer any assistance with their use. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 21

Re: Tv provider

Jump to solution

I just looked at MTV and BET in the channel store, and they both state you must use a TV provider to log in. Comcast certainly qualifies as such a provider. How you log into them I have no idea, as I don't have any TV provider and have never tried using either of those channels. But there has to be something within the channel to permit you to log in with your Comcast credentials. I suggest you contact those providers (MTV and BET) and ask them how their channel works. Roku did not create those channels, so can't offer any assistance with their use. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post