Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregM
Streaming Star

Turn off "Who's Watching" on Prime?

Jump to solution

Is there a way to turn off the Who's Watching forced selection on Amazon Prime channel?

I guess it's a nice idea but we don't need it and I can't find a way in "Settings" to make it go away.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Turn off "Who's Watching" on Prime?

Jump to solution

@GregM 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@GregM 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Famsden

Jump to solution

That link to Prime Video support in NO way helps with this issue. First - although that is supposed to be Prime Video answers, it's soon evident from the "garage delivery" answer that you're just in a generic Amazon database. And second it's clearly evident that Amazon is gone deaf that they have created a user issue.

Famsden

Jump to solution

That should have been tone deaf. Curse auto correction.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

How is Roku supposed to help with this? That's like complaining to your bank about your water bill. Yeah the bill shows up on your bank statement but they don't control that.

PeopleinAustin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Go to "manage your profile"  delete the Kids account that was automatically created for you. With only one profile left, Amazon will skip the Who's Watching screen. 

1. Log into Amazon.com
  2. In the "Accounts & Lists" menu, go to "Your Prime Video"
  3. At the top right there should be a "Who's Watching?" dropdown. Click on that, then "Manage Profiles"
  4. That's where you should be able to click on the Kids profile (edit it) and you'll see the "Remove profile" link.

Jump to solution

Artificial link to nowhere.

0 Kudos
PeopleinAustin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Totally right @AmazonBlows  sorry about that - whatever the link I was using when I did this on my phone worked, but that one certainly doesn't.

Just tried on my computer and here's how to get to the same place: 

1. Log into Amazon.com
  2. In the "Accounts & Lists" menu, go to "Your Prime Video"
  3. At the top right there should be a "Who's Watching?" dropdown. Click on that, then "Manage Profiles"
  4. That's where you should be able to click on the Kids profile (edit it) and you'll see the "Remove profile" link.

Hope this helps someone.

Mezzers

Jump to solution

This works, thank you! Just one difference (maybe only because I’m on an iPad): instead of the “Who’s Watching“ dropdown in step 3 I see a blue profile icon beside a settings gear. Click the profile icon and continue from there.

0 Kudos
user539420

Jump to solution

For me, in Safari on Macbook Pro, it was under Account & Lists / Account / Your Profiles / Kids / Remove this profile.

0 Kudos