Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Apmoondin
Level 7

Turkish Tv channel

Jump to solution
Turkish Tv channel was working fine last 3 years. Somehow it stopped showing channels. Just today Turkish tv channel dissapeared and i could not find it. I recommended to my 4 friends they bought Roku for that channel. Pls fix the issue.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Turkish TV Channel

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. You'll want to start by contacting the channel provider directly to report the issue you are seeing, and request a status update for their channel availability. If a channel disappears from the Roku home screen, its possible that the channel has been removed. Channels may be removed for a variety of reasons, including at the request of the channel provider. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/360004150534-why-is-a-channel-no-longer-available-on-my-roku-stream...

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
boogernose
Level 10

Re: Turkish Tv channel

Jump to solution

Are you talking about Giniko Turkish TV

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/43025/giniko-turkish-tv

0 Kudos
Sayar99
Level 7

Turkish TV Channel

Jump to solution

Hi, I was using Turkish TV Channels ( Not Giniko Turkish TV) until yesterday .
It was working good.
But I cannot find Turkish TV Channel after yesterday.Please fix it immediately.

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Centari
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Turkish TV channel disappeared from main screen. Roku tells me the channel is installed. But IT DOES NOT DISPLAY on main screen. For this reason, I can't delete the channel as suggested. Nor can I find it to re-install it. 

Centari

boogernose
Level 10

Jump to solution

Try removing/Installing from HERE. 

I've had good luck using the Channelstore.

0 Kudos
Sayar99
Level 7

Jump to solution
I tried both way as you explained.But there is no remove button for Turkish Tv channel .Also There is no Turkish Tv channel to chose from the list.
Could you please help us immediately.
Thanks.
Apmoondin
Level 7

Jump to solution
Channel provider is written
TurkishTv Live   
using Roku Direct Publisher.
How can we reach them? Please help.
0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 10

Jump to solution

I was just reading that the Channel has been dead for a couple of months.

Probably because it wasnt authorized to play some of its Channels.

This has happened before to other presently deceased Channels.

If it doesnt remove from your Home screen just move it out of your way.

Who knows maybe it'll come back to life.

0 Kudos
Centari
Level 7

Jump to solution

The Turkish TV service I believe we are talking about in this discussion is WWITV.COM

This service has not been dead for a month or more if we are talking about the same service. This service was working perfectly for me up until a couple days ago. 

Roku suggestion that I delete the app from my main screen and re-install it does not work. Here's why; 

1. The app has disappeared from the main screen. (Can't delete what you can't see)
  2.  My account shows the app still installed.
  3.  Nowhere when logged into my account is there an option to remove this app. (I don't know about other apps.)
  4.  When searching for this app via Roku Search feature the app never appears.

I don't believe the app is dead. I believe the issue is a Roku issue. Here's why;

1.  I can access WWITV.COM from my computer (I am using Windows 10 Edge Browser but I think other will also work.) (This also works from my smart TV but it easier using a computer.)
  2.  I can access any of the channels we normally watch by going to Utube using my computer and searching for the individual channels. (This also works from my smart TV but again the computer is easier.)

So, I can only conclude that the issue with WWITV.COM Turkish TV is an issue that has very recently occurred because of a communication problem between WWITV.COM and Roku.

It was working on Roku until a couple days age. It still works on my computer and Utube.

I hope the details I have provided will help Roku technicians figure out the cause for this disruption and find a solution.

Thank you for allowing me to post on this forum.

Centari

0 Kudos