Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Odinth
Level 7

Tunein app stations all have "popping" every 30 seconds

Anyone else have this issue. Other radio channels I've tried are fine, all apps are fine. Video is fine. It's just tunein. It has the stations I want to listen to but they all suffer from this ever present "pop" sort of sound every 30 seconds or so. It's incredibly irritating and doesn't matter if the music is continuous, quiet, loud, just talkback, whatever. It's that loud "pop" over and over.

Anyone else noticed that? Nobody seems to have mentioned it before, even though there's a few topics here about the tunein app, they're never talking about the popping
0 Kudos
5 Replies
dgrace
Level 10

Re: Tunein app stations all have "popping" every 30 seconds

I streamed a station on tunein for hours yesterday with no problems. Specifically KZAP from Sacramento. I assume that it has worked fine before now?
"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
Odinth
Level 7

I just got my roku so it's my first experience with the tunein app
0 Kudos
dgrace
Level 10

Like many channels on roku, the content is scrubbed from some internet source, like a radio stations webpage. The problem may be at the source. For a while kzap would only play for a ew minutes then go silent. Now it plays continuously, just fine. Maybe try a different radio station to see if it may be limited to the source.
If it doesn't matter which station you play, but plays other audio fine, then I'd be inclined to suspect tunein.
If the pop occurs across all streamed audio then I suspect a problem with the roku, be that a hardware issue or even local interference, or even the amp you run the audio through.
Good luck troubleshooting this.
"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
Odinth
Level 7

Looks like it's local streams specific to my area. Weird.

They work fine otherwise in a browser, but not on roku. Other international radio streams work fine.
0 Kudos
Saltrams
Level 7

I have this problem too! Yes, it is very irritating & I’m surprised it hasn’t been fixed after all this time.
0 Kudos