Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TNFrank
Level 7

Tunein Radio not working.

It was working, even had it on earlier this a.m. but while listening to a station today it just stopped working. Are they have problems with their service or what?
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
0 Kudos
16 Replies
kc8pql
Level 7

Re: Tunein Radio not working.

It's working fine here. Listening to it right now. May be a server problem at the station you're listening to?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
TNFrank
Level 7

Thing is that Tunein Radio won't work with ANY station that I try to listen to.
I've even tried other "live" radio channels on my Roku like Live365 and it works fine as does other "live" stuff like Fox Live Audio, ect., it's just the Tunein Radio that's not coming in and I've even deleted it and reinstalled it to see if it'd upgrade or something and nothing seems to be working. Maybe it could be just a local internet thing, I'll give it a few hours then try it again. Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Level 7

You've already done what I would have tried so yes, maybe just give it some time to come back. Could be a regional thing.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
TNFrank
Level 7

Well, I tried re-installing Tunein Radio today and still nothing. I really wanted that station too because it had local Police Ban radio on it along with stations that would get the Rush Limbaugh show. :cry:
Wish I knew why it just stopped working. There's no Account that I have to sign into or anything to get Tunein Radio, is there?
0 Kudos
wideasleep1
Level 7

"TNFrank" wrote:
Well, I tried re-installing Tunein Radio today and still nothing. I really wanted that station too because it had local Police Ban radio on it along with stations that would get the Rush Limbaugh show. :cry:
Wish I knew why it just stopped working. There's no Account that I have to sign into or anything to get Tunein Radio, is there?

Try here:
http://tunein.com/
I bought the Android App, so don't know about any 'free' version, personally..but it does work on my Roku the last I checked. Cheers!
Then as it was, then again it will be
An' though the course may change sometimes,
rivers always reach the sea

M1000x2,M2000,Twonky 4.3.3 RC1 beta on LinkStation HGLAN400gig,Buffalo whr-g54s on DD-WRTfirmware-luv'in it!
0 Kudos
TNFrank
Level 7

Ok, I've even started up a Tunein Radio account and listed my Device(Roku 2 XD) on that account and still NOTHING. This is really frustrating because there's a few really great channels on the Tunein Radio that I'd like to get but it just says "buffering" whenever I try to bring in a channel.
I've deleted it from my play list for now unless someone can come up with a bright idea as to how I can get it to work.
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 8

I don't use Tunein, but I do have some experience with MP3 streams and the Roku. When it says "buffering", have you given it enough time to see if the audio starts? I've seen it take up to 3 minutes for the audio to start from an MP3 stream. Second, try to reboot your box and then immediately go into Tunein and see if it makes a difference.

-JT
0 Kudos
TNFrank
Level 7

I give it plenty of time to lock into the signal. When it was working it didn't take long at all, no idea why it just stopped working, it just did and nothing I've tried to do will fix it. I think I'll just give up on it. I've got Live365 and a couple other radio channels to play with, no use beating my head into a wall over just one channel that simply isn't going to work. :roll:
0 Kudos
TNFrank
Level 7

Ok, this puzzles the heck out of me. I reinstalled Tunein Radio just for grins and it worked. Then, it didn't work, then I clicked on some pre-recorded stuff and it worked, then I tried some live stuff and it didn't work, then tried again and it did work. It's just so spotty as to weather it works or doesn't.
Could it be that so many folks are trying to tune in to a program that they're sucking all the band width or what?
I can't understand why it'll work then not then come back and work. It's just crazy.
0 Kudos